Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Deron Williams

What do you think are the chances of him now being traded? In Utah he and Kevin O'Conner will be known as the one who led to Sloans resignation. There has to be some backlash for that.

What do you think are the chances of him now being traded? In Utah he and Kevin O'Conner will be known as the one who led to Sloans resignation. There has to be some backlash for that.

no. They wont trade him.

Why would they let Sloan quit if they planned on getting rid of Williams because of his attitude?

This......no way does Utah let Williams go anywhere after choosing his side over one of the longest tenured coaches in the NBA

They're gonna lose him in free agency, there's no way he stays. I hope the Utah fans boo him.

If his biggest problem was Sloan, he might be more inclined to stick around, depending on moves, new coaching changes, etc.

Annyong (Hello)

Williams and the organization are saying that the ESPN reports about Deron forcing him out are false. He went so far as to say that Bucher and Brossard were being nice to his face and twisting what he said around. It really wouldn't surprise me if ESPN guys were creating a story where there was none. Sloan resigning will eventually blow over, Deron forcing him out is something they could milk for the rest of the season.

I didn't buy the whole forcing out thing. Sloan has been there for 23 years. I don't think anyone can "force" Sloan out. I just think Sloan had enough.

As to Deron...Whats the Jazz gonna do? Hes a FA in 2 years. They have no real pieces to trade unless they trade a significant one. No FA wants to go there outside of Jefferson who was in Minny which was a crap hole of the NBA. Now they lost the only real thing that kept them stable and significant in Sloan. You gotta wonder if its time for that "rebuilding" thing to begin and I'm pretty sure Deron wants no part of that.

This is the same situation with Stan to me all over again. Team plays well to start the beginning of the season then a form of natural complacency comes into play. Popovich knows how to work his players through that period.