Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

PLEA FOR DWIGHT: Defense and Free Throws

Dwight is our leader. He is the anchor of the Orlando Magic. However, in my humble opinion, the Orlando Magic succeeds if his leadership starts with DEFENSE. That is the missing key lately. The fact that Dwight had 0 blocks last night vs the Heat is a troubling statistic.

The Orlando Magic excels when Dwight is the TOUGH, defensive interior that makes teams afraid of us. That toughness can relay back to the rest of the team who also need to intensify the perimeter defense.

The point is: Defense starts with Dwight. We need an emotional leader on this team, someone who can exude TOUGHNESS. I see it in Jameer. I see it in JJ. I see it in Turk (sometimes). I see it in Dwight, but it needs to start with Dwight.

The Magic would have won the game against the Heat if Dwight made more of his free throws. Just a thought, but teams will hack Dwight less if he became consistent with that. Not saying he doesn't work on it, because I'm sure he does, but such a letdown that he went 3-13 on the FT line on national TV and we lose by 4 pts to the Heat. Just sayin'...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

Umm wow. Dude played the whole game 48 minutes. Made a statement with the block on Wade. Nobody really attacked the rim after that. His defense this year has been the same over the past years... Like they say you don't appreciate something till its gone. Thats whats gonna probably take for some of you to appreciate what he has done for this team all these years...

Can't argue about free throws its all mental with him. If he just banked them and swallowed his pride he would be stellar from the line and he would get fouled less which means he can dominate even more...

• Upvote 2

LeBron and Wade must've attacked the rim maybe 6 times last night, the time Dwight got Wade he sent him to the locker room.

Your "humble" opinion sucks. Dwight being more aggressive defensively means possible foul trouble which leads to him to the bench, Anderson and Bass on the floor together (in last night's case it would've been Clark/Anderson, baaarfff). He's not going to be more aggressive until the Magic can at least get him an adequate backup or he has enough fouls to give up.

Oh, and what is up with the notion that banking free throws is easier? Your humbleness is making me sick. . .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They should let Dwight shoot fade-away FT's then they would go in.

If I could ask something from dwight it would be less time in the gym and more time with FT's. I'm not saying he doesn't work on the free throws, I'm saying he can work on those even more. I think he could make the rythm he was little bit faster, if I should make a rythm for the free throws I wouldn't want it to be long atleast.

I'm leaving this nonsense up here in the hope that anyone who is creating threads, posting without actually understanding the game will learn something. Watch the game, if you don't understand something, read a book, article, whatever. Seriously, nothing worse than coming up with a garbage post and having zero information to back it up.

• Upvote 1