Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

Has SVG failed the Magic? OR Management? OR players?

Honestly, I want to see Dwight take some transition 3's. I want the rest of the team to feel his pain.

I would laugh, but it's painfully true.

I will give SVG cred 4 at least attempting to run some diverse plays vs. Boston. Ran several screens for JJ & J-Rich, but execution was so poor, & defense was so tight Boston should be paying half Magic's laundry bill. Also created switch and post up for RA on Pierce on 2nd possession of each half, but RA allowed Pierce to keep him off the block, and he ended up taking contested J's from outside. Magic gotta start running this stuff against lesser opponents to develop the chemistry required to execute against teams like Boston.

With Jason Richardson struggling so badly it looks like both trades were not successful...

But again in my opinion SVG is not doing his job well...Again too many three point attempts, terrible defense, bad rotations. The worst part is, it looks like players are not motivated and not playing hard, no passion at all...

• Upvote 1

In perhaps his most emotional press conference of the season, Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy took much of the blame for his team’s 99-93 loss to the New Orleans Hornets. He took the blame for not giving the ball to Dwight Howard enough, calling himself “terrible” and saying “I’m pissed at myself.”

ON HIS COACHING PERFORMANCE: “I was terrible tonight, by the way. We did ok in the third quarter so I stayed with all pick and rolls. [i showed] way too much confidence with our perimeter guys with the pick and roll game and I didn’t get Dwight the ball enough. The free-throw shooting scared me off a bit, to be honest, but that’s not a good enough excuse. Especially the way our perimeter guys were playing in the fourth quarter, that ball should have been going into him. That’s my fault. I’m pissed at myself about that. I’m a little bit pissed at myself about substitutions, so I’m not just sitting up here angry at our players. I’m not happy with what I did.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/02/stan-van-gundy-falls-on-sword-after-magics-loss-to-hornets.html

You would think Stan's trying to get himself fired. Compelling case after compelling case.

It's difficult to correct mistakes if you don't recognize that a mistake was made.

Howard had 3 shot attempts in the second half just one in the 4th quarter. Shaq was not a great free throw shooter but he was getting the ball in the 4th quarter...