Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld writer claims source told him Vince is a "lock" for the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by T-Cat:

If VC really wanted to be in Orlando he would have did what Lewis did, opt out of his contract!

Very True!!!

He's not going to opt out until at least the draft. That would be horrible for his security. He knows that there are a variety of big free agents that are on the market and what if he opts out and Orlando chooses Lewis or Wallace instead of him? He has to make sure that they want him first.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

He's not going to opt out until at least the draft. That would be horrible for his security. He knows that there are a variety of big free agents that are on the market and what if he opts out and Orlando chooses Lewis or Wallace instead of him? He has to make sure that they want him first.

If it came down to it, he could easily resign with NJ for a 3yr extension at $15/per

quote:
Originally posted by iguodalarulz:

The Magics would have a better chance of getting Iguodala than Carter.

Not sure what u mean buddy,but I wouldn't mind Iguodala either. Oh,and welcome to the boards.

I would rather have Lewis more then Carter. Lewis is more consistent on the three point shot and hes two or three years younger then carter. Vince is asking too much money for a person his age, even if we can afford him hes not the aggressive player he use to be. i know he will sell tickets and it would be showtime with Dwight and Vince, but we have to think whats better for the team. Vince is looking for a 3 year 60 mil,thats waaaaay too much for him, shard also wants cash but not that much. We will just have to see.

I want us to sign Vince Carter, I have been a fan of him since his days with the Raptors. But I also like Rashard Lewis, but we have to make sure we can get a big FA this offseason though, I'd be extremly disapointed if we don't get hardly any upgrades in FA.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

quote:
Originally posted by iguodalarulz:

The Magics would have a better chance of getting Iguodala than Carter.

Not sure what u mean buddy,but I wouldn't mind Iguodala either. Oh,and welcome to the boards.

The Magics would have a beter chance to get Iguodala to the Magics than Vince Carter. And besides, Iguodala would fit the Magics perfectly. Iguodala and Howard could be a good 1-2 punch threat.

DJ, if we dont make any changes, we wont have any better of a team then w ehad last year, we right now have some personel issues, we have no one that can shoot or create there own shot ,Vince can do all of these.... Also if Vicne coems here he wont be forced oty play 40+ minutes I can see him play 34-36 minutes a game, JJ should get a solid 18-20 a game, and ihave stated this Vicne may be the guy to help ariza get to the next level.....

No VC please. Unless a 3-year contract. Better get 2 solid players like Mo Williams, Mo pete, Luke Walton, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Chucky Atkins.

I like the idea of bringing Chucky Atkins back, especially if Carlos is traded (or Jameer, for that matter). Maybe for the MLE if we hit the cap?

He was one of the few bright spots for Memphis last year, besides for Mike Miller.

Back on topic, I agree... I like Wallace, Lewis, and Carter... it's gotten to the point that anything other than those three guys would be a disappointment.

However, Carter is the best fit for our roster. For the moment we already have Turkoglu, and of course Ariza. If Grant comes back, I'd rather he play his natural position of small forward.

We don't need a starting SF, and we don't need backup shooting guards. Sounds like a starting SG (aka Vince Carter) that fills our occassional scoring woes and takes defensive pressure away from Dwight is just what the doctor ordered.

And to keep his knees in good shape, JJ should get a LOT of PT this season. 28-36 minutes per game for VC, 12-20 per game for JJ.

You start Darko, let Dwight do his thing, start Grant or Hedo at SF with Ariza coming off the bench.. and watch the wins rack up so long as our PGs can hold the fort down.

In short.. July 1st can't come soon enough!

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I like the idea of bringing Chucky Atkins back, especially if Carlos is traded (or Jameer, for that matter). Maybe for the MLE if we hit the cap?

Sorry but any team to offer Chucky the full MLE would be stupid. I think he'd sign here for the vet min or something very cheap.