Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

SVG: Magic Not Ready to Contend

Its funny that when the new players came in and didn't know the system we were beasting on other teams by fast breaking. Everyone was happy...

Now the players are familiar with what SVG wants on offense instead of pushing the ball and forcing the tempo were settling with grind them out Pistons offense which equals ignore dwight and chuck shots instead of driving in or going down low seeking contact.

I wonder what our fast points stats has been of late compare to the nice winning streak we had....

• Upvote 2

we have a pretty good defender sitting on the bench in QRich...true his shooting has been bad all year but I think the Magic are going to need him in the playoffs and keeping him stashed away isn't helping him break out of his slump nor is it helping the rotation settle in preparation for the playoffs.

We definitely need Hedo on the floor but he's up to 35mpg - that number can easily come down to 30 and in fact I think will keep Hedo fresh for late in games and for the playoffs.

I am surprised by the lack of confidence in the team. It's only regular season! Is just a bad strecth!

I mean, who knows we don't get another 9-win streak in april and enter the playoffs with huge momentum. Who knows the key players that are gonna get injured in the next 2 months?

We are 4th in the East and we are already dead. Its reminding me of the struggles we had before those great 3 years.

Also, SVG, your complaining stops being cute at some point and it is annoying. I get it, you are a perfectionist, you want to get the most out of the team, it is great. But a little less wouldn't harm, though.

Well Bass needed to sit down/take less minutes for his knees anyway, now he has no choice. Perhaps now Otis has no choice but to get another big man now, or Earl Clark's in the rotation. Not many other options.

If Hedo's back is hurting that !$&*ing much, then sit him! He's not worth much out there the way he's been playing the last few games, especially on defense. We have Q-Rich for exactly this reason, injury insurance. DNP Hedo's arse until he feels better, and roll with the Richardsons and J.J. for swingmen.

We may drop a couple of extra games, but THE most important thing is getting everyone 100% healthy for the playoffs The Magic aren't exactly Spurs old, but they aren't spring chickens anymore, either.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well Bass needed to sit down/take less minutes for his knees anyway, now he has no choice. Perhaps now Otis has no choice but to get another big man now, or Earl Clark's in the rotation. Not many other options.

If Hedo's back is hurting that !$&*ing much, then sit him! He's not worth much out there the way he's been playing the last few games, especially on defense. We have Q-Rich for exactly this reason, injury insurance. DNP Hedo's arse until he feels better, and roll with the Richardsons and J.J. for swingmen.

We may drop a couple of extra games, but THE most important thing is getting everyone 100% healthy for the playoffs The Magic aren't exactly Spurs old, but they aren't spring chickens anymore, either.

Totally Agree. As i always did with your famous stock up and down, back in the day.

I would even throw in Bass surgery, to come back strong in March and be ready for April

Its funny that when the new players came in and didn't know the system we were beasting on other teams by fast breaking. Everyone was happy...

Now the players are familiar with what SVG wants on offense instead of pushing the ball and forcing the tempo were settling with grind them out Pistons offense which equals ignore dwight and chuck shots instead of driving in or going down low seeking contact.

I wonder what our fast points stats has been of late compare to the nice winning streak we had....

+1 Enough said. Stubborn Van Gundy can not adjust and can not let players play. It has to be his way or the highway. I predict he'll be hitting the highway on his way out of Orlando if this ship doesn't right itself come playoff time.

Not only that, it's still baffling me that people expect a team that isn't very athletic (outside of Dwight, Bass, and JRich) and that doesn't get stops, to run and gun. . .

What's more important come playoff time, fast break points, or being able to run an effective half court offense?

Depends on who we face. For Boston, its fast break points. For younger, faster teams (like Miami), its running an effective half court offense.

Basically, we need a game plan and we need to follow it ALL game long; not for just stretches. I think this is what irks me the most about this team. When something is working, we seem to go away from it or strop trying instead of keep hammering teams with it until THEY admit defeat and stop trying.

Basically, we don't play good enough for long enough (per Stan).

• Upvote 1