Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Grizzlies

He got the Bobcats to the playoffs in the weak East and swept by SVG (with Dwight in huge foul trouble the entire series). Big whoop.

If I worked, I would bet you a month's salary that if we fail to make the playoffs,exit out of the first round, second round, SVG will be spending more time with his family. It is possible, we might come out with fire after the break, but I highly doubt it. Something is very wrong about the magic.

If I worked, I would bet you a month's salary that if we fail to make the playoffs,exit out of the first round, second round, SVG will be spending more time with his family. It is possible, we might come out with fire after the break, but I highly doubt it. Something is very wrong about the magic.

Okay Hardknocks, answer me this

what is the difference between this Magic team going 15-8 in their first 23 games played and the Heat going 15-8 in their first 23 games played?

Not really. We are a month away from a major roster change. The 9 game win streak got expectations too high. We still aren't totally gelled yet. Miami had months in the offseason to work together and still struggled early on. On top of that, Hedo and Jameer are banged up. Arenas' knee isn't 100%, now JJ and Bass have problems. We are not 100% yet.

Okay Hardknocks, answer me this

what is the difference between this Magic team going 15-8 in their first 23 games played and the Heat going 15-8 in their first 23 games played?

I really don't watch the heat much, I can't stand Lebron. I would quess that Wade and Lebron are proven players, and we can pretty much quess they will come through during the playoffs. On the other hand, the magic are not proven. We get really close, but never to the finish line.

No its easy because its plain as day. Its easy because pg's have a rap sheet of lighting us up. Its easy because that's who we are. Name me one player outside of Dwight you would put in the same sentence with defense individually?

I'm not claiming that anyone on our team outside of Dwight is decent-to-great at defense, I'm claiming that the players I mentioned, characteristically, don't shoot well from the perimeter REGARDLESS of who they're being matched up against. Mike Conley's a 33% three-point shooter this season. Conley hit four threes tonight. He has only hit that margin one other time this season, and that was against the Lakers. He's a poor perimeter shooter by all accounts, thus, when he makes long jumpers at the rate he did tonight, you simply tip your hat and move on.

Despite all the harping, we're still ranked, as a team, 5th in the league on the defensive end. This rough stretch doesn't bother me at all.

I really don't watch the heat much, I can't stand Lebron. I would quess that Wade and Lebron are proven players, and we can pretty much quess they will come through during the playoffs. On the other hand, the magic are not proven. We get really close, but never to the finish line.

What's LeBron proven aside from quitting on his team, getting swept in the finals and being clowned on by Rafer Alston?

Not really. We are a month away from a major roster change. The 9 game win streak got expectations too high. We still aren't totally gelled yet. Miami had months in the offseason to work together and still struggled early on. On top of that, Hedo and Jameer are banged up. Arenas' knee isn't 100%, now JJ and Bass have problems. We are not 100% yet.

How can we have major roster changes? We would have to trade JJ, Anderson or Bass. No one wants Q. Richardson or Duhon. I don't like the areans trade, and I think it will hurt the Magic in the long run. I really hope you are right, but I still have series doubts. The East is 10x better this year.

• Downvote 1

Defense was pathetic, never seen Magic miss that many wide open shots, but defense was pathetic. Difficult to understand why this team struggles with zones. I guess because nobody will get inside the zone to draw and kick and you don't get as clear a looks just swinging it around the perimeter? Maybe because it requires spot up shoters to actually move to open spaces and shoot? Baffling.

Dwight was steaming the entire 2nd half. Never seen him challenging teammates like that before. Only positive, Arenas looked good offensively in 2nd half, of course he looked equally awful defensively...

What's LeBron proven aside from quitting on his team, getting swept in the finals and being clowned on by Rafer Alston?

LOL-I can't argue that point, and would not want to.

Defense was pathetic, never seen Magic miss that many wide open shots, but defense was pathetic.

I'll say it again, it's easy to call out the defense when a team performs so uncharacteristically outside of their norm. We played solid defensively throughout most of the 1st quarter. 2nd quarter, Memphis started hitting shots they aren't accustomed to hitting at consistent rate, their confidence shot up, and it all snow-balled from there. Of course, we could have basically demoralized them had we hit even a third of our wide-open three-point looks, but that's another issue all-together.

I'll say it again, it's easy to call out the defense when a team performs so uncharacteristically outside of their norm. We played solid defensively throughout most of the 1st quarter. 2nd quarter, Memphis started hitting shots they aren't accustomed to hitting at consistent rate, their confidence shot up, and it all snow-balled from there. Of course, we could have basically demoralized them had we hit even a third of our wide-open three-point looks, but that's another issue all-together.

Outside of Conley going 4-6 from 3, what exactly did Memphis do outside their norm? If anything, I'd suggest that balanced the litany of chippies Rudy & Z-Bo missed. Memphis played with more energy than normal after going zone, but they killed Orlando with points in the paint, that's 100% execution.