Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Interesting stats in losses

Do you think Howard should have passed the ball more in that Bulls game?

I thought I was clear enough.

Normally when Orlando plays as a team, when at least 4,5 players reach to double figures, most of the time Orlando wins.And in those wins Howard scores around 20.Not 30 or 40.So,if we are fans of Orlando Magic not Howard, we must prefer this way.But of couse as the team did not play well because they did not organize well, Howard was the only score option in Chicago game.So, I do not say Howard had to share the ball or pass the ball.Never.That happened because of the situation of the game.As there was no support to Howard in offense, he was the only score option.

Quick question:

Do you watch many if any Magic basketball games?

Because you come across as a box-score boy.

I am really starting to think that you do not want to have a logical discussion, you just seem to argue.

As I live in Madagascar we do not have any electricity here.Therefor we do not have any tv,internet connection.We also do not have any written media.Oh,we also live in the caves and easily communicate with monkeys.

• Upvote 1

I thought I was clear enough.

Normally when Orlando plays as a team, when at least 4,5 players reach to double figures,

It is reasonably rare for a team to put 5 players in double figures consistently.

That 9 game win streak was terrible. We had a nice honeymoon period that consisted mostly of beating bad teams and running the score up, and now everyone thinks we're always going to score 118 and put our entire SL and at least one guy off the bench in double figures.

It just doesn't work that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am really starting to think that you do not want to have a logical discussion, you just seem to argue.

As I live in Madagascar we do not have any electricity here.Therefor we do not have any tv,internet connection.We also do not have any written media.Oh,we also live in the caves and easily communicate with monkeys.

cool,

so can you answer the question? because in this reply you refused to, instead just tried with sarcasm.

Do you actual watch the games?

Before you just argued that The Magic went to Howard too much against the Bulls. If you watched that game then you would realize how stupid that opinion is. He was the only one that could do anything, and if anything we should have gone to him more because at the least it would have opened up others more (and if not, we would have had a high percentage shot).

Now, before you try with trying the "argue" word again. Read my post. And answer the question. If you say you did not watch the bulls game, then fine you clearly have taken your argument from just looking at the boxscore and guessing the reason why the magic performed badly, and in that case I will not have to further discuss YOUR opinions which are far from being amongst those of the people who viewed DWIGHTS game.

• Downvote 1

The Magic have lost five games since their nine game winstreak. There are some peculiar stats and occurences over the course of these losses. Let's start with the basics...

Four of the five losses have been on the road

Four of the five losses have been against teams with winning records

All five were under ten points, with three of them being within one possession

Since the winstreak, the teams the Magic have beaten: Minnesota, Philadelphia, Toronto, Houston, Indiana...none of which are above .500

But now I want to inspect Dwight's stats in losses:

• 1/12 @New Orleans - L 92-89
    Dwight: 29pts, 20rebs

• 1/13 @OKC - L 125-124
    Dwight: 39pts, 18rebs

• 1/17 @Boston - L 109-106
    Dwight: 33pts, 13rebs

• 1/24 Detroit - L 103-96
    Dwight: 20pts, 16rebs

• 1/28 @Chicago - L 99-90
    Dwight: 40pts, 15 rebs

This is beyond baffling to me. While I guess it brings comfort that this team is never out of games, and has been close in all five losses, it does bring me discomfort that we LOST (obviously), but also that Dwight has played out of his mind in these losses. (and if I'm Dwight, I am starting to get ANGRY. This is not fair for him to be the superstar of a team, give his all, and the team not to back him up. This worries me with 2012 looming)

So all of that aside, is their any explanation to this simply confusing trend in losses? Not just overall losses, but Dwight's great performances in losses? What do you think?

OkC will love you dwight!!!

• Downvote 1

Has anyone looked at Howard's Field Goals Attempted in these games? He's had some very good free throw shooting games this month. If the refs are a little quicker with the whistle and he's shooting a good percentage from the line, he'll score an additional 5-10 points without doing any more or less than usual. I don't have time to look into it right now, but if he's not taking an unusually high number of shots in some of these losses and he has a high FT %, this entire argument might be irelevant

cool,

so can you answer the question? because in this reply you refused to, instead just tried with sarcasm.

Do you actual watch the games?

Before you just argued that The Magic went to Howard too much against the Bulls. If you watched that game then you would realize how stupid that opinion is. He was the only one that could do anything, and if anything we should have gone to him more because at the least it would have opened up others more (and if not, we would have had a high percentage shot).

Now, before you try with trying the "argue" word again. Read my post. And answer the question. If you say you did not watch the bulls game, then fine you clearly have taken your argument from just looking at the boxscore and guessing the reason why the magic performed badly, and in that case I will not have to further discuss YOUR opinions which are far from being amongst those of the people who viewed DWIGHTS game.

You insist on writing the same things.I have already written my opinions but you are refusing to understand.

It is reasonably rare for a team to put 5 players in double figures consistently.

That 9 game win streak was terrible. We had a nice honeymoon period that consisted mostly of beating bad teams and running the score up, and now everyone thinks we're always going to score 118 and put our entire SL and at least one guy off the bench in double figures.

It just doesn't work that way.

You are right, it is really very rare to see 4,5 players to reach double figures but I believe the chemistry of Orlando Magic is may be the most available one for that in NBA.I also do not expect them to have 4,5 players with double figures every games.But I believe OM can have the chance to win many games exactly like that.Because nearly all of the players except Bass are not sellfish.They all help each other,share the ball.