Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Serious question

The ones that specifically stand out are BJ and TMF, but I'm sure there's a few more.. wouldn't be surprised to see a thread or comment about how injury prone Jameer Nelson is.. they could even go to the questioning his "sore knee" ala Jay Cutler..

And I just want to clarify, I don't hate Gil, and I don't think he should be benched or anything, I actually like what he brings to the team from a few stand points.. This is a more + Jameer than a - Arenas thread

Uhhh....you might want to get your facts straight, Bro....here is my direct quote from TrueMagicFan07's thread :

TrueMagicFan07....I'm assuming you posted this because you were disappointed with Jameer Nelson's 4th quarter defense last night against Rodney Stuckey.

I only got to watch the last 3 minutes of the game....so if that is what you're thinking I'd have to agree with you.

Stuckey was abusing him so much so that SVG had to sub him in and out....in on offense...out on defense.

Not sure Arenas is ready to take the reigns yet.

And you're the best game-thread maker on the planet...

Go Magic !!!

When I do post about Arenas I try to be positive....because we're gonna need something from him to win a championship....but so far, I hate to admit because it doesn't bode well for us down the line is that he makes me nervous when he's running the show.

What I posted here is fact....and I also posted that SVG likes Hedo taking control of our offense in the 4th quarter....especially in crunch time.

That is also fact.

Go ahead and keep putting words in my mouth that I didn't say....on this board I'm used to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Uhhh....you might want to get your facts straight, Bro....here is my direct quote from TrueMagicFan07's thread :

When I do post about Arenas I try to be positive....because we're gonna need something from him to win a championship....but so far, I hate to admit because it doesn't bode well for us down the line is that he makes me nervous when he's running the show.

What I posted here is fact....and I also posted that SVG likes Hedo taking control of our offense in the 4th quarter....especially in crunch time.

That is also fact.

Go ahead and keep putting words in my mouth that I didn't say....on this board I'm used to it.

First of all, the making up an injury or saying Jameer's injury prone was something more said about the trolls that hate Jameer just to hate him would say, I'm sorry out of context it sounds directed toward you, but it's not. You usually have some sort of stat to bring to the table and a lot of the things you say about Jameer negatively are in fact true. He struggles on defense against bigger point guards and sometimes his height does effect his passing, and when he's forcing it and trying to play hurt you can tell because he doesn't push the pace. This thread was more to acknowledge the heart, soul, and leadership that Nelson brings to the team because let's face facts, I've been roaming the board awhile (formerly Fear Jameer!) and you appear to be significantly harder on Jameer than anyone else on the team. Trading him would destroy our chemistry and benching him would destroy his confidence, we definitely don't need either of those things to win a championship. I'm sorry if it came across as hate, or putting words in your mouth, I'm not here to stir up trouble or get in an internet battle. I just, like the rest of us, want to see the Magic take the cake come June and I'll pop champagne with anybody anywhere on that day. Ya'll have take care and have a good weekend, making the trip to O-town and seeing la nouba 8-), I'll be back tomorrow night so don't be offended if I don't rebuddle right away

Well, at least Arenas was trying on defense. Hedo putrid D was the main reason for the 3rd quarter break.

On the Lewis trade, if passive means more shots to Dwight, I'll take passive over chucking every day of the week. :P

I know that was addiction by substraction, but with Gortat traded, and Turk as our only true SF, I think that there was playing time for both Bass and Anderson. Some mins as a backup of Dwight, and others @PF with Shard switching @SF.

But it's all unuseful talk that can't revert the deal.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know how long Jameer is out for?

Keep the faith on this team. We are stuck with this team, and I believe they can pull it off. Arenas needs to get more minutes, so hopefully this will give him time to get the rust out.

Yes, Jameer is necessary for our success. But Hedo and Arenas need to be consistent, as well.

DEFENSE IS STILL KEY, and this team still needs to work on it.

Does anyone know how long Jameer is out for?

Keep the faith on this team. We are stuck with this team, and I believe they can pull it off. Arenas needs to get more minutes, so hopefully this will give him time to get the rust out.

Yes, Jameer is necessary for our success. But Hedo and Arenas need to be consistent, as well.

DEFENSE IS STILL KEY, and this team still needs to work on it.

He said he could be back for Sunday game.

Gilbert that idiot blew one of the only chances he's going to have to prove he can take our team to another level. Such stupid shots and such stupid, stupid turnovers. When is he gonna learn?

• Downvote 1

I get what you are saying, but other people have to be involved. We don't want to become the Cleveland Cavaliers of old with everyone watching Dwight. They gave him the ball a ton and he delivered with 40 points. I think that's only the 3rd time in his career he's scored 40 points. My bigger issue with the team was why they didn't attack the basket more. Shots weren't falling but nobody ever got agressive and took it to the hole. Who is gonna block their shot? 38 year old Kurt Thomas? Asik? Boozer? Seriously?

It's probably a little short sighted to get aggravated with the perimeter players for not getting to the basket. They tried countless times in the 3rd and 4th quarter but were constantly cut off by the superior athleticism the Bulls had on the perimeter or excellent help defense. If our perimeter players could keep their men in front of them the way Chicago did, then we would be the best team in the league. Dwight would never be in foul trouble, wouldn't get pulled away from the basket, and our rotations wouldn't be exploited nightly.

I agree that you have to get others involved and it can't necessarily be a one man show. But the 2nd half was a series of face palms. I think every fan watching the game at some point went from "somebody needs to help Dwight out" to "hey maybe those 2 jumpers will get Arenas going" to "*^!#*& JUST GIVE IT TO DWIGHT HE'S OUR ONLY HOPE" to "imagine that we went to Dwight and we are back in the game!" to "Seriously Turk?!?!?!?!" to "What in the *****ing hell was that Gil?" all in the time frame of an hour or so.

I think every fan watching the game at some point went from "somebody needs to help Dwight out" to "hey maybe those 2 jumpers will get Arenas going" to "*^!#*& JUST GIVE IT TO DWIGHT HE'S OUR ONLY HOPE" to "imagine that we went to Dwight and we are back in the game!" to "Seriously Turk?!?!?!?!" to "What in the *****ing hell was that Gil?" all in the time frame of an hour or so.

I'm gonna have to sue you for plagiarism

I'm not trying to use this as a means of justifying his poor shooting %, but Gil really can't buy a call. In that regard, it makes little sense for the guy to drive hard and attack the basket. He isn't as quick as he used to be, so that hurts his chances of finishing at the rim, but he gets very little respect from officials when he does drive to the basket, making matters significantly worse. To be honest, I don't think he truly warrants a foul on most of them, but when other players (more specifically, younger guards like Rose) receive calls for far less, it's got to frustrate him to no end.

I guess this is just a product of him no longer being in the lime light. If that's the case, I sympathize for the guy, because one great (or perhaps former great) aspect of his game is now no longer an effective option.

All this being said, this team will miss Jameer dearly.

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to use this as a means of justifying his poor shooting %, but Gil really can't buy a call. In that regard, it makes little sense for the guy to drive hard and attack the basket. He isn't as quick as he used to be, so that hurts his chances of finishing at the rim, but he gets very little respect from officials when he does drive to the basket, making matters significantly worse. To be honest, I don't think he truly warrants a foul on most of them, but when other players (more specifically, younger guards like Rose) receive calls for far less, it's got to frustrate him to no end.

I guess this is just a product of him no longer being in the lime light. If that's the case, I sympathize for the guy, because one great (or perhaps former great) aspect of his game is now no longer an effective option.

All this being said, this team will miss Jameer dearly.

Yeah, Gilbert should've definitely gotten sent to the free throw line on those 12 drives to the basket this year.