Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Serious question

Rotations were good, he was just SOOOOOO passive. It was like we were playing 4 on 5 on offense. Bass makes me face palm about 15 times a game but I'll take all of that to get Ryan on the court. I think he will get better at team d as the season goes on.

I dunno. I don't think I'd mind seeing some passive players right about now. Sometimes I wonder if the court is about to implode from all the black holes we put out there at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Lewis is playing mostly at SF position for Wizards and he is playing well. Right now we are playing Jason Richardson at SF sometimes, we could give those minutes to Rashard and some minutes at PF. Also when Bass is backing up Howard at C we again could use Lewis out there.

I was not a huge fan of Lewis but we just got robbed in that trade, just think about it, Arenas has 30 millions more on his deal and extra year, that will absolutely kill us. We lost all the salary cap flexibility with that disastrous trade!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Keep Lewis, package Bass, Q, and Duhon for an okay center and good backup PG, have Lewis and Anderson share PF minutes as well as Lewis and JRich share backup SF minutes, rejoice????

yeah I know, it's not that easy. . .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dunno. I don't think I'd mind seeing some passive players right about now. Sometimes I wonder if the court is about to implode from all the black holes we put out there at the same time.

lol. I don't mind Ryan taking shots, he's supposed to take them when he's open. Even if he isn't making them he's enough of a threat that teams will stay close to him. Now I could do without the ones where he is at half court but he's a work in progress. Bass is where ball movement goes to die, he makes me mental but defenses have to pay attention to these guys and in the case of Ryan he comes up with rebounds. Shard didn't grab anything this year that didn't fall into his lap gift wrapped. I'll take the lumps to get those positives. I just wish we didn't have that extra year of a contract. I could deal with the crappy play as long as Gilbert is the back up, I could deal with paying 20 mill for a backup pg if his contract was at least the same as Shards.

I'll still take Gilbert over Lewis anyday. Gilbert is still an unknown at this point because he's clearly not 100%. The man was a 22/7 guy last season before the suspension. Granted, it was on huge usage and mediocre percentages but I still believe that a guy like that can be useful should he get healthy and get into rhythm. Lewis was absolutely done in this system. I realize his contract is one year less, but he was just going to get worse and worse.

I am a firm believer that Gilbert needs more minutes. Not as much as Jameer, he hasn't earned that. But he needs to get acclimated ASAP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am a firm believer that Gilbert needs more minutes. Not as much as Jameer, he hasn't earned that. But he needs to get acclimated ASAP.

squarepeg.jpg

I still don't feel Meer has shown the ability to handle big mins, he doesn't play consistently well with big mins, & he's not durable. And, yes, I still believe his skill set would be better utilized playing off the bench where he could play his 24-28 mins, enter the game in attack mode, and provide a spark. If somebody wants to confuse that with me personally advocating "benching" him or that I've been an advocate of Arroyo, J-Will, or Arenas playing a bigger role than Meer, they are too hypersensitive to anything less than complete adulation of Magic players.

I still don't feel Meer has shown the ability to handle big mins, he doesn't play consistently well with big mins, & he's not durable. And, yes, I still believe his skill set would be better utilized playing off the bench where he could play his 24-28 mins, enter the game in attack mode, and provide a spark. If somebody wants to confuse that with me personally advocating "benching" him or that I've been an advocate of Arroyo, J-Will, or Arenas playing a bigger role than Meer, they are too hypersensitive to anything less than complete adulation of Magic players.

And thats why I think its important to get Arenas into a good state of mind and body as soon as possible. If he can get to a level that we all had expections that he can be (and still can be) then we have that novalty of keeping both Jameer and him fresh.

As well as not having those 13+ mins of terrible Duhon basketball.

I just want it soon than later, or never.

I'm late to the party (and missed the game) but what happened to Jameer? is the injury serious? All I saw was a game note of a right knee injury but no update.

I'm late to the party (and missed the game) but what happened to Jameer? is the injury serious? All I saw was a game note of a right knee injury but no update.

Doesn't sound very serious. I doubt he misses any games.

I can't believe that nobody is putting blame on Hedo. I mean really, he was shooting terribly (2-12), was playing bad defense (all of Deng's points were easy ones) and he's as much to blame as Arenas for that lost possessions when we were withing 3. That fade-in 3 pointer was horrible. And yes, to me Gil was playing good (5-13 but on good shoot selection) expect for obviously that last turnover which was retarded but that was just a missed chance at redemption anyway. Chicago built a lead on us in the 3rd and it was mostly because of Hedo (I have nothing against him, just commenting on this game). And that two 3 pointers that Gil missed were good open shots that just didn't go in.

Now the good thing about this game is that Howard was scoring so effortlessly, and if we are to face the Bulls in the play-offs I don't think we'll have a problem to beat them. Hedo will come back from this, Gil will learn the system better, Nelson will play more minutes so, I guess, sometimes it's good to make bad mistakes considering how much it can be learned from them.

So anyway, I'm not saying that Gil had a perfect game but he shouldn't get so much flack and we shouldn't blame losses only on one guy so people need to stop hating on Nelson as well.