Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Weakest Position on Team?

Pretty simple question. What is this team's weakest position? (I also would make a strongest position thread, yet I think we all know that such belongs to Dwight and the center position).

So ... I hate to say this but I believe our weakest position is point guard. Yes, we have depth. Yes, we have experience. However, I still think we are just slightly above average at the position. Jameer is solid offensively but not great. Defensively, he is sub-par. Gilbert looks lost offensively and continues to shoot poorly. And he, too, is a sub-par defender.

Your thoughts?

Even though Hedo has his Mr. 4th Quarter moments, and J-Rich *can* play SF.. yeah, it's totally SF.

"Small Forward. It's the new 'shooting guard!'"

Forwards, although Ryno might be changing that very quickly. . .

in terms of EFF differential, here's how it looks:

PG: 0.0

SG: +0.3

SF: -3.6

PF: +1.5

C: +10.3

that's for the entire year so it's not exactly accurate. . . here's how it looks for the entire month of January

PG: +2.4 (13th)

SG: -3.5 (21st)

SF: -2.1 (20th)

PF: +3.8 (7th)

C: +11.5 (1st)

now, of course I wouldn't take these too seriously. First of all, I wouldn't call the sample size long enough. Not only that, but this only takes into account the production from the players in those positions vs. the opponent's production in that position. The problem with that is that it doesn't count for when a Bass err I mean a misses a rotation and a player not of that position scores, amongst other things.

I also wrote forwards before checking those numbers out. . . if that means anything

Mascot

+1. Seriously. How are we supposed to win with a fat, green, goofy dragon? The wife hates him. At least give him an alter ego. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a SVG mascot or even a flat faced Otis. That would take this team to the next level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would have to go with the ball boy.... dont know why... but it seems like a good idea.

Really... ??? I get a negative 2 for saying the ball boy....?

Sensitive people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6