Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stein: Magic interested in T. Murphy if bought out by G.S.

Active and somewhat relevant players that Otiz worked with (still active):

Erick Dampier

Antawn Jamison

Adonal Foyle

Gilbert Arenas

Troy Murphy ????????

Jason Richardson

Mike Dunleavy

Earl Boykins

Vinny Del Negro (currently a coach)

*Larry Hughes as the Dark Horse

this isn't good. . .

Nelson/Arenas/Boykins

Richardson/Redick/Hughes

Turkoglu/Dunleavy/Clark

Jamison/Ryan

Dwight/Murphy

Next years roster. Book it.

I don't see what Murphy will provide that we currently don't have. I just want someone to provide some presence at the rim. Even consistently attempting to alter shots and committing hard fouls will work. Murphy is a defensive sieve. Stan's defense relies on funneling opponents to the defensive help. So, unless Stan is going to play Dwight 48 minutes a game, someone at the back end of the defense needs to be able to protect the rim. The guys we have now aren't cutting it and Murphy won't cut it either.

I don't see what Murphy will provide that we currently don't have. I just want someone to provide some presence at the rim. Even consistently attempting to alter shots and committing hard fouls will work. Murphy is a defensive sieve. Stan's defense relies on funneling opponents to the defensive help. So, unless Stan is going to play Dwight 48 minutes a game, someone at the back end of the defense needs to be able to protect the rim. The guys we have now aren't cutting it and Murphy won't cut it either.

Game 3 of the ECF. Dwight is suspended 1 game for mouthing off too much. Bass picks up 2 early fouls. Would you rather have Malik Allen come in or Troy Murphy? Seriously?

Game 3 of the ECF. Dwight is suspended 1 game for mouthing off too much. Bass picks up 2 early fouls. Would you rather have Malik Allen come in or Troy Murphy? Seriously?

Do I have to choose one? Because neither is a good option. At least Allen will play some defense though.

I think there should be an option 3 which is sob in the corner uncontrollably if this scenario plays out.

• Upvote 1

None of the above.

Murphy at the very least duplicates what we have in Anderson. I don't get why there is so much hate for him.

I really chalk up his awful stats this year to Avery being Avery and not playing him. Besides, he'd only get limited minutes here.

Murphy at the very least duplicates what we have in Anderson. I don't get why there is so much hate for him.

I really chalk up his awful stats this year to Avery being Avery and not playing him. Besides, he'd only get limited minutes here.

No hate here. Hes just an duplicate of what he already have. 3 point shooting big man whos not a defensive presence. Sure hes had great seasons rebounding but that pretty much sums him up. Then you add the fact that hes on the downside with injuries and its just a waste of energy. If hes there for cheap, I'd sign him anyway just to have bigs but I still see a problem with our 4 spot and defense and defense behind Dwight. I do not trust Bass or Anderson to be defensive come playoff time.

Maybe the Magic can beg the opposing teams not to ever run any pick and rolls, I think the team would be in good shape then. . .

That's the problem Jareth. He duplicates what we already have and doesn't fill any of the needs that we currently have. If either Bass or Anderson wasn't here, I would be all about acquiring him. However, we would be playing him out of position and he doesn't provide the defense or rebounding that we need from the back up center position.

That's the problem Jareth. He duplicates what we already have and doesn't fill any of the needs that we currently have. If either Bass or Anderson wasn't here, I would be all about acquiring him. However, we would be playing him out of position and he doesn't provide the defense or rebounding that we need from the back up center position.

Why don't you just check your fantasy team and shutup then jerk.