Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Isn't it convenient for the team that BASS has the arthroscopic surgery?

Bass is just not hitting shots he normally makes, I doubt it has anything to do with his leg... shooters go through ups and downs.

Although, I am not against Ryan Anderson starting, even if Bass is healthy!

Bass is just not hitting shots he normally makes, I doubt it has anything to do with his leg... shooters go through ups and downs.

Although, I am not against Ryan Anderson starting, even if Bass is healthy!

I've been saying the same about Ryan for the past week. We play Toronto tomorrow, so it's the perfect opportunity to give it a look. Toronto is awful and Anderson could help us matchup against some of the looks the Raptors like to throw out

The biggest thing is our inability to get off to a good start, and that is why I think Anderson should start... because it will help our offensive flow early on in the game. Brandon has been known for being a black hole on the court when he's not making shots.

If RA starts for the remainder of the season, who is backing up Dwight? Bass, who is undersized and injured? Malik Allen?

I'd consider starting Anderson if or when we make a move to acquire another big man who can successfully play the center position.

If RA starts for the remainder of the season, who is backing up Dwight? Bass, who is undersized and injured? Malik Allen?

I'd consider starting Anderson if or when we make a move to acquire another big man who can successfully play the center position.

Bass has been the one playing the 5 when Dwight goes to the bench anyways so I'm not sure I understand how that affects the backup C slot. Not being a jerk I just don't understand your thinking

Bass has been the one playing the 5 when Dwight goes to the bench anyways so I'm not sure I understand how that affects the backup C slot. Not being a jerk I just don't understand your thinking

Honestly, I thought Anderson and Bass were sharing that role as backup center. Maybe I'm wrong, but when Dwight goes to the bench I find RA checking in half the time. I think the sub for center is dependent on rest and match ups.

Honestly, I thought Anderson and Bass were sharing that role as backup center. Maybe I'm wrong, but when Dwight goes to the bench I find RA checking in half the time. I think the sub for center is dependent on rest and match ups.

I haven't really noticed to be honest. You could be right but I don't recall RA being in at the 5. Of course, I've missed a few games so far so I'm not 100%. However, like you said about matchups, you may see RA at the 5 in spot minutes when the Raptors go with Bargnani at the 5

why?

Adding Melo would make Chicago worse.

It all depends on who they have to give up, but considering that what Chi is missing is perimeter scoring...I would be inclined to disagree with your statement.

He's still playing because we are short on Bigs, but I think we could make it through the first round easily if we dodged the Celts or Heat. We can beat Chicago, Knicks, Hawks without homecourt advantage

Knicks sure, Chicago would be somewhat tough as well, but I'm not convinced about the Hawks just yet.

I haven't really noticed to be honest. You could be right but I don't recall RA being in at the 5. Of course, I've missed a few games so far so I'm not 100%. However, like you said about matchups, you may see RA at the 5 in spot minutes when the Raptors go with Bargnani at the 5

I do not think either are playing back up center. Its just two PF's in the game at the same time, does not make either of them centers.

If he is injured, I would prefer for him to get fixed now than later..... An injured Bass is not worthy of being on the court.