Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Orlando Magic @ Bawseton Celtics

I'm starting to think SVG and Otis weren't on the same page with Arenas. Otis wanted him and Stan really didn't. There is no way you trade for a guy with a contract like that and give him 15 minutes in a big game like this. I'm not saying he warranted minutes tonight, but we took a big gamble trading for him and we are getting nothing out of this. Gilbert's contract has the chance to ruin this franchise and he's hardly playing. I just don't like the whole situation.

All I got from this game is that we are much more prepared to play Boston in the playoffs than we were last year. Defense is bad, but that will improve with time imo... except for Bass. Dude needs to get surgery and Anderson needs to start.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to think SVG and Otis weren't on the same page with Arenas. Otis wanted him and Stan really didn't. There is no way you trade for a guy with a contract like that and give him 15 minutes in a big game like this. I'm not saying he warranted minutes tonight, but we took a big gamble trading for him and we are getting nothing out of this. Gilbert's contract has the chance to ruin this franchise and he's hardly playing. I just don't like the whole situation.

I think Arenas is not healthy yet, or not in good conditioning. That's all I can think of really. And yes, it does seem that Otis came in as the father figure to save Arenas, and SVG going for the ride.

I think the Magic put up a good effort tonight against the Bostons, and honestly I was proud of them. They fought to the bitter in of the game. Dwight did a great job staying out of foul trouble, and avoided a tech foul. I was pissed off no tech foul on Garnett and he was acting the big thug all night. We are still too small to complete with the Bostons, if Smith wants to compete, and I hope he gets on the phone for a couple of bigs that help Dwight down low. I thought the announcers did a good job, and did not bash the Magic. Love the Magic. Go Magic.

:happypuppy: :happypuppy: :happypuppy:

With that being said, the PnR defense has been terrible and whenever someone Hedo is supposed to be guarding cuts to the basket it's almost a guaranteed basket. Too many layups being given up.

If you're referring to layups by the Celtic's big men, there's probably not much the Magic can do there if Howard is drawn away from the basket. All they can do is pray with Anderson's/Bass' hands in the air.

Hence why I personally want a 4/5 guy who can contest better than them or at least intimidate somewhat. Gotta miss the twin towers.

Yeah, I was a fan of the Arenas trade, but now I think Otis jumped the gun a bit.

If you're referring to layups by the Celtic's big men, there's probably not much the Magic can do there if Howard is drawn away from the basket. All they can do is pray with Anderson's/Bass' hands in the air.

Hence why I personally want a 4/5 guy who can contest better than them or at least intimidate somewhat. Gotta miss the twin towers.

Actually, they can rotate instead of looking around pretending to be playing defense. . .

and I meant layups from every player. These past few games teams have been running layup drills on the Magic because the rotations have been so damn bad.

Tough loss but we hung in there which is encourageing. I would like to see more ball movement. I thought the refs did a pretty decent job but can anybody tell me why they swallow their whistles when Garnett mouthes off to them? On one foul you could read his lips ..."that's b...sh.." directly at the ref.......no tech. Another time when called for a foul went off pretty lforcefully at the ref....no tech. And what is this high school stuff of intentionally bumping into opposing players after the whistle blows? Garnett, in my opinion, is a very talented basketball player but is just a high school punk that never grew up.

Wish Orlando played with greater intensity during first quarters so that games were less close towards the end. Anderson should start, and either Bass or Hedo should come off the bench. Playing catch-up during the second and third quarters just isn't working.

*shrugs*

Actually, they can rotate instead of looking around pretending to be playing defense. . .

The Magic have had this same problem in the last ECF, too. Ray Allen gets a screen curl from Dwight's man. Pull him away from the basket, if not, shoot the jump-shot. If Dwight comes, pass to the big men Dwight's guarding, and the big man finishes over Bass/Anderson/whoever else. If you ask me, if they haven't learned the rotation by now, it's more of a player problem than a scheme problem.

I'm not too sure about the other layups though.