Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

I only read there periodically....after this comment I thought I'd check....here's some topics they have on the front board as I type this:

"START ARENAS"

"Stan's love affair with Jameer"

"What more do you want from Jameer Nelson"

"Jameer appreciation thread"

And last but not least......" See, This Is The Reason Jameer Gets On My G.D. Nerves "

Ha-Ha-Ha....funny stuff !!!

Funny in the sense of sitting at your neighbors house and watching their kid, who has to wear a helmet, repeatedly ram his head into the wall. Not as funny when it's your own kid. Then it's just sad and makes you want to cry yourself to sleep at night.

Seriously. I don't understand how that is even remotely funny. It certainly doesn't warrant 3 "Ha"s. Giving it one "Ha" is pushing it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I think it's clear that anyone not expecting Jameer to be some sort of cyborgian mix of Jerry West, Magic Johnson, and John Stockton is just aiming too low.

Some people call that quality being confident and wanting the ball in your hands at the end of games. That is considered a good quality. Jordan had it and most often had the ball in his hand at the end of games regardless of how he had played up until that point.

I dont think you understood the point of his post.

Seriously. I don't understand how that is even remotely funny. It certainly doesn't warrant 3 "Ha"s. Giving it one "Ha" is pushing it.

Ok guys, what if I give it 2 ha's? Fair compromise?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dont think you understood the point of his post.

No, I did. Maybe Jameer should have passed to J. Rich, maybe not. The characteristic is still positive.

I hate when you make excuses for this team for losing. Just call it what it is: team shoulda played better, they need to play harder.

Discussing a loss and reasons for it isn't creating excuses. "Playing better and playing harder" is just player cliche and people just said that there wouldn't even be need for a message board.

Why dont we crucify jameer in front of his family while were at it, I mean a couple bad performances and thats it, lets not go overboard again, Jameer will have a good game soon and were all gonna forget about these 2 losses, lets just move on.

The Magic need to start better. The last 4 games we start flat. My suggestion: If Jameer continues to start, the ball needs to flow through Hedo. Another suggestion would be to start Arenas and have Nelson come off the bench as a spark. My only fear with that is the connection between Arenas and Redick. Those 2 seem to connect pretty well. But would love to see what Arenas can potentially do to get the starters involved earlier instead of later since he has a lot more potent scorers to play with in that starting lineup. Jameer has heart and can score. We need him on this team. But it helps to start with energy in order for us to win games and lately Jameer has been lacking in the energy department...

IMO....

Meer is not the problem. You got to give the guy a break because he had to guard Russel Westbrook AND Chris Paul on a back-to-back!! When Howard comes out of the game, the layup drills begin for the other team. Howard is also less aggressive to avoid foul trouble in the beggining of games. We need to try to trade one of our PF's or spare PG's for Marcus Camby or a similar player. There are just not that many out there.