Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Movies you liked that go against Critical and Public Appeal

I have yet to see either. . . Mark also ruined The Other Guys for me, but at one point his acting was just so bad I started to just laugh at it, so I guess it worked in one way or another

See The Fighter, Three Kings, The Departed, Invincible, or Boogie Nights.

Tron: Legacy.. in the theater.. in 3D.. is I think, incredible. I have to say I was a massive Tron fan as a kid, so that definitely helps my opinion of it, but the 3D effects weren't overused or overblown, the plot is extremely underrated, and the guy who played Jeff Bridges' son did a solid acting job.

All that said though, it's Jeff Bridges that's the engine for this movie. He plays his old role and the father he's become brilliantly, maybe only surpassed by his (semi-digital) performance as the villian, Clue. When you convincingly add emotion to a digital frame? You're the shizzle.

And no, I don't think that Tron: Legacy, especially the acting, is getting the critical credit it deserves. Not that I expected it, just sayin'.

Also Tom Cruise deserved some sort of award for his performance in Born On The Fourth Of July. The guy's a much better actor when given the right role than he's ever been given credit for (except Magnolia, for whatever reason).

.....................Spiderman 3 was fine, it was the second one that was garbage, damnit!

[/rant]

• Upvote 1

Was it fun and entertaining? Thats all I care about. I'm planning on going to see it.

yeah, it lacked in plot and the villan was poorly done but it was fun.

I just watched Chaplin in my film lecture class. It wasn't commercially successful but I enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. nailed that role.

Tron: Legacy.. in the theater.. in 3D.. is I think, incredible. I have to say I was a massive Tron fan as a kid, so that definitely helps my opinion of it, but the 3D effects weren't overused or overblown, the plot is extremely underrated, and the guy who played Jeff Bridges' son did a solid acting job.

All that said though, it's Jeff Bridges that's the engine for this movie. He plays his old role and the father he's become brilliantly, maybe only surpassed by his (semi-digital) performance as the villian, Clue. When you convincingly add emotion to a digital frame? You're the shizzle.

And no, I don't think that Tron: Legacy, especially the acting, is getting the critical credit it deserves. Not that I expected it, just sayin'.

Also Tom Cruise deserved some sort of award for his performance in Born On The Fourth Of July. The guy's a much better actor when given the right role than he's ever been given credit for (except Magnolia, for whatever reason).

.....................Spiderman 3 was fine, it was the second one that was garbage, damnit!

[/rant]

It's amazing but I dsagree with almost every thing you just said here. Tron was atrocious. The actor that played Bridges son is a horrible actor. I'll give Jeff Bridges a pass because he is a really good actor but I didn't see anything of significance in his performance. And the idea of Tron receiving critical acclaim actually made me throw up in my mouth a little.

I actually do agree about Cruise in Born on the 4th of July. He was very good in that movie.

Spiderman 3 was the worst superhero movie ever made. I would rather spend a weekend watching all of the Fantastic 4 movies in a loop with Celine Dion swooning in the background then watch that movie ever again. I've manage to block out most of that movie to protect my sanity but the image of "Evil Spiderman" manifesting himself by dancing down the sidewalk still irritates me.

Of course, you are totally entitled to your opinions, I just happen to disagree with all of them.

• Downvote 1

I just watched Chaplin in my film lecture class. It wasn't commercially successful but I enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. nailed that role.

RDJ nails every role.