Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

Stan better open his check book, it's coming!

well I'll be damed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this league is a joke i do love how they can resind the techs after all its a high percentage that it cost the team a point too.

maybe they should just wirite in black and white what consistues a tech and had it out to the refs.

bet you will find bull**** is on there and dam is not.

oh wait my bad dam will be on Dwights copy along with smiling. :chairshot:

The tech Amar'e got was absurd, but there were other points of the game where he could have gotten a tech but didn't because the refs didn't want to get him ejected.

Also, the article says that Dwight got two techs rescinded and only has 11. Didn't hear anything about that.

The tech Amar'e got was absurd, but there were other points of the game where he could have gotten a tech but didn't because the refs didn't want to get him ejected.

Also, the article says that Dwight got two techs rescinded and only has 11. Didn't hear anything about that.

Here's a thought! Call me paranoid, but one has to think. Are these refs throwing out these techs and then recinding them knowing all along the coach will have to speak out and then slam him with the 35k fines instead of the 1 to 2k ones on the players. I wouldn't put anything past the money grubbing Stern.

Thank you SVG. I am 27 and I know I have a lot of life to live and one day David Stern will be gone, like six feet under gone, and that will be good times my friends.

Agreed. It will be a glorious day when his corpse begins decomposing. I'm getting teary eyed thinking about it.

• Upvote 2

From Denton's notes:

Van Gundy was none too happy with getting fined for basically suggesting that Howard will have to make some drastic changes in his approach if he wants to reverse his trend of picking up technical fouls at a record rate.

Van Gundy, who also leads all NBA coaches in technical fouls with six, said the Coaches Association has the right to appeal fines and suspensions, but that he wouldn’t be ``grovel or apologize or go begging for my money back.’’ Van Gundy said, unlike Howard, he’s never had a technical foul of fine rescinded by the league office.

``We talk to (the media) every day and on game days often three-to-four times and we’re supposed to open up and talk and they want us to be media friendly, but if we say something that they don’t like then they hit us for money,’’ Van Gundy said. ``For me, the easiest way to not get any fines would be to not talk to the media at all, which I’d be fine with. But then they’d fine me for that. We’re supposed to talk (to the media), but I guess we’re not supposed to have any opinions on anything.’’

From Denton's notes:

Van Gundy was none too happy with getting fined for basically suggesting that Howard will have to make some drastic changes in his approach if he wants to reverse his trend of picking up technical fouls at a record rate.

Van Gundy, who also leads all NBA coaches in technical fouls with six, said the Coaches Association has the right to appeal fines and suspensions, but that he wouldn’t be ``grovel or apologize or go begging for my money back.’’ Van Gundy said, unlike Howard, he’s never had a technical foul of fine rescinded by the league office.

``We talk to (the media) every day and on game days often three-to-four times and we’re supposed to open up and talk and they want us to be media friendly, but if we say something that they don’t like then they hit us for money,’’ Van Gundy said. ``For me, the easiest way to not get any fines would be to not talk to the media at all, which I’d be fine with. But then they’d fine me for that. We’re supposed to talk (to the media), but I guess we’re not supposed to have any opinions on anything.’’

YOU GOTTA LOVE STAN THE MAN!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I was a coach or owner, I'd be paying a lot of fines. I'd probably make Cuban's fines look like nothing.

The reffing in this league is horrible. The refs get protected from the NBA, in whom allows them to keep their circus act up. The refs are never publicly (or privately I believe) accountable.

And unfortunately, until Stern quits or croaks, we're not going to see a change. Even then, I expect we'll get someone he's handpicked, who's just as bad.