Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Who's the odd man out to get a "BIG" (link)

You put me on the spot...I'll put you....would you make that trade?...Who's more expendable, Nelson or Redick?

At this point, I wouldn't trade Meer unless it was for a star, which doesn't include Camby or Varejao. I also wouldn't trade Redick, Bass or Anderson for Camby. I like their upside more than Camby's age. Varejao? Yes, I believe I would sacrifice one of the three for him. He is still young and would be great on this team, imho.

As to who is more expendable, Redick or Meer, I'd say Redick. Arenas' health still concerns me, and Jameer is still a captain. Honestly, I think the person most likely to be traded, in addition to CD, Q or JWill, is Anderson. He is still on his rookie deal and only pays PF, whereas Bass plays PF and C. Still we'd have to get a great piece back, and I'm not sure Anderson isn't tough enough to man the middle himself. Dude has looked like a rebounding beast lately.

• Upvote 1

At this point, I wouldn't trade Meer unless it was for a star, which doesn't include Camby or Varejao. I also wouldn't trade Redick, Bass or Anderson for Camby. I like their upside more than Camby's age. Varejao? Yes, I believe I would sacrifice one of the three for him. He is still young and would be great on this team, imho.

As to who is more expendable, Redick or Meer, I'd say Redick. Arenas' health still concerns me, and Jameer is still a captain. Honestly, I think the person most likely to be traded, in addition to CD, Q or JWill, is Anderson. He is still on his rookie deal and only pays PF, whereas Bass plays PF and C. Still we'd have to get a great piece back, and I'm not sure Anderson isn't tough enough to man the middle himself. Dude has looked like a rebounding beast lately.

For the record, all I said was that I would trade Jameer before I would trade Redick....I didn't mention any specific trade.

Man Soul, Redick is Ballin' !!!...Do you realize the Magic were a +21 with him on the court last night !!!

Read some stats on the boy Redick at this link:

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/30/1903715/orlando-magic-cannot-afford-to-trade-j-j-redick-for-a-backup-big-man

• Upvote 1

For the record, all I said was that I would trade Jameer before I would trade Redick....I didn't mention any specific trade.

Alright, well it's time for you to step up to the plate then. You have already hinted on several occasions that you would be willing to trade Jameer, so who would you trade him for?

A chat I had with Steve Kyler for those that are interested:

1.) How important is PG play for our Magic with Turk back? We made the

Finals 2 years ago with Rafer Alston and he only shot .317 from the arc.

--- Stan trusts Jameer, and while Jameer isn't nearly the athlete or

shooter others might be, Stan trusts him... I don;t think this team

requires a point upgrade because they want all their guys being

playmakers.

2.) HoopsWorld reported that Otis isn't getting any bites in his quest to

get a big by offering Duhon, Q. Rich & J. Will....What player/players will

it take to get a decent big....Redick?....Jameer?

--- Both would get more attention, but Stan doesn't want either moved and

they don't see a reserve center as a pressing need... they want a 10-15

minute per game veteran big, you don't give up a starting guard for that.

3.) Dwight said today all they need is Battie.....You think he's enough

and can we get him?...What would it take?

--- I stood and watched otis make a pitch to Rod Thorn for Tony and they

agreed to talk... so we'll see... I think Tony, Nazr Mohammad or even

Jamaal Magloire fit the bill, its just waiting for those teams to make a

change.

4.) What does the future hold for Jameer Nelson?....You know Gilbert

Arenas is on the books now for the duration of his contract....more years

than Jameer....you think Jameer will want a lot of money?....Can they

resign him?

--- Until we know what the Collective Bargaining Agreement looks like who

knows... Jameer isn't going anywhere unless it returns a better point

guard or a major chip - like Carmelo or Chris Paul and I don't think

Orlando can get either.

5.) More expendable....Jameer or Redick?...And why...

Neither... Stan has worked too hard to get them both where he likes

them... the chips to be moved are Duhon, Orton, Jason Williams and Quentin

Richardson... they might move Earl Clark if that would get them their

player.

And that goes along with what SVG just told Evan Dunlap of PinStripPost....click the link...interesting stuff ! :

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/31/1906523/orlando-magic-practice-report-stan-van-gundy-on-the-magics-search-for

• Upvote 3

Earl aka "Alright Thanks, Man" aka "Afro Samurai" aka "My Name Is Earl" Clark????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I just want to say for the record that I hope the Jameer hate never stops.

I honestly believe Jameer Nelson is a HUGE part of the success of the Orlando Magic in the future. There is an intangible greatness in that little guy that seems to lift this team. He just seems to give Orlando what they need when they need it. Against New York he did not need to score. What Orlando needed of their PG was stability and defensive play-making. That is what he gave them. They took care of the ball on offense when he came in, and his defense was actually much better than Gil's; especially that drawn charge late. Big time players make plays in big moments. That is Jameer's MO.

So why do I want the hate to continue. Because it makes him better. The guy has had a chip on his shoulder since he came in the league, and that kind of attitude lifts this team. There is a big reason Orlando plays so well when everyone expects them to lose: because Jameer Nelson is the heart of the Orlando Magic. Howard is the star; when he dominates, we usually win. Jameer is the heart and soul; when we are down and Dwight's not getting it done by himself, that little guy just musters the troops. He does that so well because in the back of his mind is the thought that he's going to show all the haters that he's not to small. That he is big enough, no matter how big that has to be. So keep talking about trading Jameer. He's not getting traded, he's getting mad.

• Upvote 1