Sign in to follow this  
Optimist Prime

ESPN Headlines

Aren't dumb and dumber both DC guys? I imagine they were just bitter that we stole Arenas from them for a $20 million aging decoy that can't really do anything.

Stole Arenas? They couldn't GIVE him away, and were more than happy to see him go.

Aren't dumb and dumber both DC guys? I imagine they were just bitter that we stole Arenas from them for a $20 million aging decoy that can't really do anything.

Are you kidding?

The Wizards have been trying to GIVE Arenas away for the last 2 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I almost spit out my non-existent drink when I read this

yea man i don't even watch ESPN or read their articles anymore. They are like the lawyers of sports, magnifying anything they can to accomplish their own personal agenda. I prefer the local sports writers.

I really don't understand why people get so furious over what ESPN has to say. It's a network that is mostly after ratings with very little integrity. . . don't take them so damn seriously and if it makes you so angry that you have to make a thread about it then stop going over there. . . problem solved.

this quote is too much, I'm dying that you would even consider posting this thought.

The only reason I brought this up is because of the fact that it was still a hard fought game against one of the top three teams in the league right now. The headline seems to suggest that the game was never very close, or at least that the Magic had a very underwhelming performance. It came down to the final fifteen seconds. Even a "Magic's late rally stopped short by hot Mavericks" would do. Or "New players need time to adjust, but new-look Magic stay in fight against Mavericks."

Whatever. Sometimes my homerism gets the best of me...

Former ESPN employees freely talk about the limitations they are given with regard to what they can talk about, what angle the network wants to spin on topics, etc. ESPN is nothing but a bunch of talking heads.

I also always wonder why people are so interested in "expert" opinions of people that watch far less Magic basketball than we do. Watch the games and form a conclusion. Mo

• Upvote 1

The funny thing is, we win this game if:

JJ didn't botch easy layups

Jameer didn't botch easy layups

Richardson didn't brick every shot until the end

Turkoglu didnt miss a wide open dunk.

We lost, but I am not disappointed.

But, but...they were also on a back to back. And since we love complaining about back to backs for Orlando, we have to give them that benefit too.

Former ESPN employees freely talk about the limitations they are given with regard to what they can talk about, what angle the network wants to spin on topics, etc. ESPN is nothing but a bunch of talking heads.

I also always wonder why people are so interested in "expert" opinions of people that watch far less Magic basketball than we do. Watch the games and form a conclusion. Mo

Excellently put. Well done. Very true.