Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Otis live interview now

I missed the first few mins, but I'll try to summarize what I caught.

Q: was Dwight aware of the deals or did he have any influence on them?

A: Dwight was made aware of the deals before they went through and he approved them.

Q: when will Ryan will back?

A: next week

Q: concerns of Allen being main backup big, for now?

A: Big situation will be addressed soon. not worried cause its just regular season.

Otis says we can forgive anyone but athletes. Gil is a great person and we're lucky to have him. *more gushing over Arenas*

Q: How did Turk react to being traded back?

A: Everyone was excited and Turk said he couldn't wait for Stan to yell at him.

Q: How are the Magic better today?

A: More scorers and guys that can penetrate and dish. Smarter players and passers.

Q: Any chance for Fran this year?

A: No

• Upvote 4

Otis says they're looking at things for our bigs, but to say something is gonna happen tomorrow or at all, he won't say. lawlz

Deal by Wednesday.

Would be nice! I think we need more than a ( big) rental if we are going to make a dent.

Would be nice! I think we need more than a ( big) rental if we are going to make a dent.

Wow...Dwight was in on the process before Otis pulled the plug, at least he admittewd consulting Dwight......because it makes sense!!!!

Of course Dwight was in on the trades. It's even likely Dwight pointed out some players from a list of possible names. Otis never would have gone through a trade without seeking approval from his franchise player, who might bolt after next season. So every move from now on goes through Dwight.

Of course Dwight was in on the trades. It's even likely Dwight pointed out some players from a list of possible names. Otis never would have gone through a trade without seeking approval from his franchise player, who might bolt after next season. So every move from now on goes through Dwight.

You can only do things that make sense....this makes sen$e if you want him to sign the extension this summer!!!

I also wanted to know if he were going to now put Ryan Anderson in the Sweet Lou slot as the stretch 4! I think Ryan produced more than Shard anyway.

You can only do things that make sense....this makes sen$e if you want him to sign the extension this summer!!!

I also wanted to know if he were going to now put Ryan Anderson in the Sweet Lou slot as the stretch 4! I think Ryan produced more than Shard anyway.

I think Anderson ability is part of the reason why Shard was made expendable. With consistent minutes and not having to worry about PT, I think we'll Ryan benefit the most. He just has to get the experience to learn and improve his team defense.

probably.

doubt it.

Why do you doubt that?

I think it's quite possible/likely that Otis gave Dwight a short list of players that they have available through trades, after working the phones and sending random wink smiles to other GMs on MSN... Dwight examined, thought about it and gave his answer. His answer could have been "none" or "I wan't tha' one" (Little Britain) and Otis finalized it.

I have a hard time believing Otis would have almost finalized a trade, THEN went to Dwight and asked if he's ok with it. Dwight must have had a say in it. I mean... he wanted Hedo to stay back then. Now Hedo is suddenly back. "Otis... I want the Pizzamonster back". "Dwight, you are going to make me eat crow.. publically"... "Otis... just put some hot sauce on it. Get Gilbert too".... "Dwight... I'm hungry. Lets go trade! Lets go 2K11 and check it out first"