NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Why does everyone think Varejao would be such a great fit? I mean, maybe he would, but watching him play just irritates the hell out of me.. I hate floppers and wouldn't enjoy the most notorious flopper in the league being here..

That's why. He irritates the **** out of his opponent. He defends, he can score, he rebounds, he blocks, he steals and he irritates his opponent some more. Look at him the next time as if he played for Orlando. You would see him much differently.

Imagine him frustrating Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Pau Gasol etc etc.

That's why. He irritates the **** out of his opponent. He defends, he can score, he rebounds, he blocks, he steals and he irritates his opponent some more. Look at him the next time as if he played for Orlando. You would see him much differently.

Imagine him frustrating Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Pau Gasol etc etc.

^^^This. Hes an high energy guy who just has a passion to defend and irritate his opponent. After tapping a rebound a couple of times and hustling to get the ball back he began hitting himself in the head and stomping and screaming like a lunatic. I'd welcome that attitude on this team.

but let's be honest, the only player that gets so frustrated he kills his teams chances would be Dwight Howard so in reality, having AV wouldn't really be as effective here.

AV does that to everyone though. Dwight lets a lot of things frustrate him but that doesn't shadow AV's production, abilities and work ethic on the defensive end.

Varejao is a reason to ban human rights.

KEEP OUT.

We should get what we need, ie a cheap, hard nosed 7-footer that wants to showcase himself off the bench and will get us rid of Chris Duh!on's contract.

Otis f'd up in the summer, pulled some serious rabbits off his hat in December, and I hope he wraps it up in style.

Varejao is a reason to ban human rights.

KEEP OUT.

We should get what we need, ie a cheap, hard nosed 7-footer that wants to showcase himself off the bench and will get us rid of Chris Duh!on's contract.

Otis f'd up in the summer, pulled some serious rabbits off his hat in December, and I hope he wraps it up in style.

Yeah sure. Everyone is knocking down our door for Duhon and his contract so they can give us a "hard nosed 7 footer". Get real man. You ain't getting that with Duhon. I'll ask again...You really think Bass can hold his own in the playoffs when teams step up a notch? If so...why? What makes you think that? Lemme guess, because he did well against Boston. Yeah? How did he do last night? Just saying...

all I know is, whoever we do go after that players has to be, without a question, 7' tall or better. I have learned throughout the years of message board interaction that height does in fact = talent, the taller the more talented. Tall PG's automatically pass and defend better than their shorter counterparts and 7' centers are legit big men capable of a brand of smothering defense the shorter big men simply cannot replicate.

Chad Ford talking about the Cavs:

Chad Ford (1:12 PM)

They've been quietly shopping their entire roster. They are looking for cap relief, draft picks and young players. They are going to blow it up. Anderson Varejao probably has the most trade value. It's hard to find bigs that play tough defense at that age and price tag. Mo Williams has some value as does Antawn Jamison and J.J. Hickson.

Matt (Chicago)

Where does Varejo end up? New York seems like a good fit, don't know if they have the right assets

Chad Ford (1:20 PM)

Probably not. They need to keep cap flexibility for summer of 2011. Thunder could be a dangerous team with Varejao. Also he'd be a great fit on the Pacers. Both teams have expiring contracts and assets to give up. Pistons are another possibility.