NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

I would prefer Barron over Battie all day long too.

I'm also excited about the defense of Clark. If the magic just work on developing this guy into a defender this year, i think he could give people some problems in the playoffs. SVG can alternate Turk Q And Clark on lebron. Clark could easily become a new Ariza for us because SVG is THAT good at coaching defense.

Finally, otis has stated that getting Chris Paul would be tough now that the NBA owns the team. He said it complicates things. That being said, he will make one more run at it in the offseason. He will have much better chips to offer. Nothing to really think about now, but the magic believe that if they can get Paul here next year they will have Dwight extended also. Has nothing to do with bigs, but I didn't want to make a new thread about it.

Yea, I was reading about something like that as well. If NO were to trade Paul it would lower the value of the team. Since the league purchased the team at a price already higher than what they should really be worth it's going to be very tough.

What the heck does Kyler mean when he says he thinks we want to add by subtraction not just add? I get that we free'd up spots for Ryan and Brandon by removing Shard but how does that relate to the back up center spot?

Yea, I was reading about something like that as well. If NO were to trade Paul it would lower the value of the team. Since the league purchased the team at a price already higher than what they should really be worth it's going to be very tough.

What the heck does Kyler mean when he says he thinks we want to add by subtraction not just add? I get that we free'd up spots for Ryan and Brandon by removing Shard but how does that relate to the back up center spot?

I think he meant we want to fix our guard rotation by clearing that up and getting a big in return for one of them?

Gooden got a DNP last night. Interesting? Ha-Ha

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=27flrfg

Drew Gooden (foot) was a surprise scratch in Tuesday's game against the Lakers.

He was playing well in his last few games and usually players gut it out going into Staples Center, so tonight's absence is a concern. Unless you're in a deeper league, he most certainly belongs on the waiver wire until concerns about his foot are alleviated.

Drew Gooden has gone back to Milwaukee to get treatment on his plantar fasciitis.

It sounds like Gooden will miss Thursday's game in Sacramento and will be questionable for Monday's home game against the Hawks. Ersan Ilyasova will continue to get big minutes.

Rotoworld

Plantar Fasciitis Treatment Options:

The good news is that Plantar Fasciitis typically responds well to conventional treatment. Since individuals with Plantar Fasciitis often have either flat or high arched feet, many patients experience significant improvement with the use of arch supports and/or better athletic shoes. Often times a focused exam will reveal significant tightness in the Achilles and hamstring tendon and muscles. As a result, massage, stretching, and weight loss are other good, conservative treatment options.In some extreme cases, Plantar Fascia Release surgery is required. This procedure involves cutting part of the plantar fascia ligament to release tension and relieve inflammation of the ligament. In addititon an experienced physician should be consulted to evaluate and rule out a nerve compression related to the Plantar Fascia before surgery is considered.

Well stated! I think they started working out Foyle again....just in case! Wow! :panicworker:

I'm actually not surprised at Foyle. If anything, Dwight's going to need a new practice partner.

All Foyle does at the games anyways is sit in a luxury seat for a half while chatting on his phone the entire time

3:43

[Comment From Jareth Cutestory]

KD, you think the Magic could get away with moving Redick for a legit big? Maybe a guy like AV (salaries match). And if they do, do you see that being a good move long term?

3:44

KDonhoops: I just don't think the Cavs would be keen on that, when they could get picks. Plus, AV and Howard? I'd want better spacing. Not that AV would start, but he'd have to play some minutes.

And Redick is starting to stroke it ...

how did you get trade exception to work on trade machine - cant use it on mine

Send a player with a contract within the exceptions on the bottom to Orlando, then a little black bar should appear next to him that says "exception." Click on it then a drop down bar should appear

Send a player with a contract within the exceptions on the bottom to Orlando, then a little black bar should appear next to him that says "exception." Click on it then a drop down bar should appear

thanks