NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Fran is really good overseas. Not sure how it will translate to the NBA, but this guy could be a great player, especially backing up Dwight. That could really change things up for us next year. I am not sure if the Magic will get much value for Fran in a trade, unless another team's scouts are cheerleading very hard.

I really like what Earl Clark is bringing to the table...he could be a serious factor by the playoffs. He can come out and play 3 positions for us, and was excellent as Center against one of the league's longest teams yesterday.

If you add in the possible return of Orton, it makes the need for a big a little less pressing. I still personally believe the Magic need a bigger, physical point guard who facilitates offense..like a Billups or (dream) D Williams.

I really like what Earl Clark is bringing to the table...he could be a serious factor by the playoffs. He can come out and play 3 positions for us, and was excellent as Center against one of the league's longest teams yesterday.

I would like to see Clark get some run @ 3 now that Bass is back.

No. We need a big.

I'd like another because I'm a greedy, power hungry sicko, but what makes you think we definitley need a big?

I would like to see Clark get some run @ 3 now that Bass is back.

I would love this. I want more Clark on LBJ next time we play the Heat as well. Because he got some burn on him, and did ok..held him to jumpers. I'd also be interested in seeing how he would do against KG.

i really like clark's abillity at the 4 and spot minutes at the five, he seems to have good vision,length, and quickness but do you think he could get burn at the 3? A front line of clark, ryno and dwight would definately be a good crew for crashing the glass. He is on way to becoming Lamar Odom Lite but just like Lamar I think he will be best used as a 4.

i really like clark's abillity at the 4 and spot minutes at the five, he seems to have good vision,length, and quickness but do you think he could get burn at the 3? A front line of clark, ryno and dwight would definately be a good crew for crashing the glass. He is on way to becoming Lamar Odom Lite but just like Lamar I think he will be best used as a 4.

Lamar Odom plays 3 and 4 so you answered your own question, but Clark is very versatile and can play 3 positions. He keeps getting bigger as well, so that helps out a lot.

If Clark and Anderson are both in the game, the question of who is the 3 and who is the 4 will be largely a matter of defensive assignment than anything else. On offense, Clark plays more like a 4 than Anderson does, so there really wouldn't be a real drop there.

People forget it because Lebron couldn't miss, but Clark's defense on Lebron in the Miami game was pretty impressive.

If Clark and Anderson are both in the game, the question of who is the 3 and who is the 4 will be largely a matter of defensive assignment than anything else. On offense, Clark plays more like a 4 than Anderson does, so there really wouldn't be a real drop there.

People forget it because Lebron couldn't miss, but Clark's defense on Lebron in the Miami game was pretty impressive.

This. LeBron baited him into that first touch foul, even though with my eyes I saw nothing. But Clark stayed on the floor and didn't bite on alot of crap LeBron pulled. His length forced LeBron to become a jump shooter and take a few weak jumpers, which because he couldn't miss went in.

This. LeBron baited him into that first touch foul, even though with my eyes I saw nothing. But Clark stayed on the floor and didn't bite on alot of crap LeBron pulled. His length forced LeBron to become a jump shooter and take a few weak jumpers, which because he couldn't miss went in.

I remember when a lot of people jumped my case for thinking Earl could be effective guarding Lebron. I missed the HEAT game, but I'm glad to hear Earl did a decent job.

I remember when a lot of people jumped my case for thinking Earl could be effective guarding Lebron. I missed the HEAT game, but I'm glad to hear Earl did a decent job.

Most people on this forum don't know anything so don't feel too bad.

This was on another forum....Personally I think both deals would be great for us....Not sure which one I like more... Hopefully the Grizzlies deal don't include Anderson but includes Bass...Anderson would still provide us with a stretch 4...

Quote:

The biggest decisions next week before the trade deadline quietly have to be with Memphis as much as Denver. There seems almost no way with Marc Gasol also up for a new deal the Grizzlies will resign Zach Randolph. Trade him now? The Magic reportedly would be ready to make a huge offer of players and picks. But then maybe the Grizzlies don’t make the playoffs, which the owner has guaranteed as Randolph is leading the team at 20.2 points and 13.2 rebounds.

I'll warn you now, it is from Sam Smith, not the best source ever. Not sure what all players we would offer either.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_110214.html

Quote:

The Orlando Magic have a standing offer of Chris Duhon for a package that includes Rony Turiaf. The Magic are said to be willing to absorb Roger Mason, Jr.'s contract using one of their Traded Player Exceptions in order to make a deal to get Turiaf, which would free up a roster spot for Barron.

This one has been out there for a while. A CD for Turiaf. I only see them doing this if they really want Barron that bad.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...medium=twitter