NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Miller/Duhon/Arenas/JWill*

Arenas/Redick/Q

Turkoglu/Q/Afro Samurai

Bass/Anderson/Camby

Howard/Camby

*out with foot injury indefinitely

No thanks. Our 2 spot will be undersized and I don't want Duhon anywhere near the court unless he's jumping out of his seat with three fingers above his head.

And is Camby at 10-15 mpg for two years worth trading away JRich's expiring (and another scoring threat)?

Defense wins championships. Look at the Celts (- rep me if you want, they are atop of the EC). We still have scoring, but less options to go to. We would become more rounded in our game. Sure, games perhaps would be less exciting, but I think the trades would make our team better not in terms of individual players but as a team.

EDIT: Also, trying to make realistic trades here

The trade would make the team older, less efficient, less explosive, would provide less spacing, for the sake of marginally better defense. . . not to mention the amount of intangibles the team would lose with Nelson and how small the team would be at the wing.

The trade would make the team older, less efficient, less explosive, would provide less spacing, for the sake of marginally better defense. . . not to mention the amount of intangibles the team would lose with Nelson and how small the team would be at the wing.

What he said.

So I feel like what Catman said on Page 81 was more intriguing than any "update" on page 78.

Also, "Mr. Quasar" FTW.

Defense wins championships. Look at the Celts (- rep me if you want, they are atop of the EC). We still have scoring, but less options to go to. We would become more rounded in our game. Sure, games perhaps would be less exciting, but I think the trades would make our team better not in terms of individual players but as a team.

EDIT: Also, trying to make realistic trades here

I'm not going to - rep anyone. Defense does win championships but you also have to be able to score. If we get 3 stops on Miami and we aren't able to score on those 3 trips we are still screwed, we need to have a balance. I would also add that when we have had trouble scoring our defensive energy has taken a hit as well.

I'm not going to - rep anyone. Defense does win championships but you also have to be able to score. If we get 3 stops on Miami and we aren't able to score on those 3 trips we are still screwed, we need to have a balance. I would also add that when we have had trouble scoring our defensive energy has taken a hit as well.

Yes, I do agree with you. We need to be able to score efficiently and have the ability to stop our opponents on the defensive end when we need to. Overcompensating on either front would be detrimental to the team.

I thought the first trade, J-Rich for Camby, wouldn't get it done so I conjured up another trade to try and make it equal for both parties.

All in all, we still need a big. Camby isn't the answer I guess

Defense wins championships, but when you are the best defense in the league, and you have one of the worst offenses, it doesn't bode well for you come playoff time. That's the boat Charlotte was in last season. Though, I would have LOVED to see them match up with Cleveland or Boston instead of us.

I would also add that when we have had trouble scoring our defensive energy has taken a hit as well.

I think this hasn't been touched on enough. Anybody who watches every game knows this is one of our huge issues. Shots aren't falling, we go into total "crap mode" and can't do ANYTHING right. I have yet to see it with the new team which is a good thing.

I think this hasn't been touched on enough. Anybody who watches every game knows this is one of our huge issues. Shots aren't falling, we go into total "crap mode" and can't do ANYTHING right. I have yet to see it with the new team which is a good thing.

I think that was the Carter mentality seeping in. This team used to feed off of it's defense.