NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

I'd love Zaza too.

I know Tony's jumper went dead his last year here, but thanks for the other insight. I just don't remember that much about his bad play. Maybe I just didn't expect a lot from him and was satisfied with his few mins of play.

I also agree, we need a better backup big to beat Bos, but we gotta be realistic. We had the best back C in the league, so anyone that comes in, will be a downgrade. Just gotta accept that fact.

If we somehow pull of a Turiaf/ZaZa trade, I'd consider it an upgrade.

Bash me BMP. lol

If we somehow pull of a Turiaf/ZaZa trade, I'd consider it an upgrade.

Bash me BMP. lol

Sure it would be.....but didn't ZaZa just re up his contract?

ZaZa - Why in the world would the Hawks want to give a division rival their backup Center?

Battie - he's the if all else fails candidate....we could do worse - familiarity w/players and system is bonus but at this point he is a clear 3d center but still better then Allen

Troy Murphy - might as well use Anderson who is bigger and no trade needed

Solomon Jones / Jeff Foster - both are intriguing candidates...both are expiring contracts SJ - $1.5 and JF - $6.5M ... the opportunity is ripe to get one from Indy as their potentially losing them both, Jones will be asking for way more than1.5 next summer

We could do a hell of a lot worse than this guy..............teams constantly trade him for less than he's worth too

Camby would be a great pick up but he will cost us Anderson or JJ or maybe both as he is a key player for them and unless they are throwing in the towel this year I wouldn't expect him to get traded unless a future core player was involved - plus next year he expires so they know that he will be a very coveted big by a lot of teams at this time next year

With a second unit of Arenas, JJ, Q Rich and Anderson we need someone who can pass the ball out to the wings.

Thats a lethal shooting and high scoring 2nd unit so a centre than can defend, score on a one on one and pass is vital.

He just needs to be a big bloke who can defend and makes good decisions.

I'd love Camby, Troy Murphy or B Hayward.

I was just having a read at the HoopsWorld article on who we may be looking at and they threw out 2 realistic and super options (Hayward and Prizbilla) and one not so likely but interesting one (DeMarcus Cousins).................Cousins wouldn't help us so much right now as he would in a year or two but pairing him with Howard for the next 5 years could be very interesting if he develops into the player he's expected too.........Won't happen because we love Nelson but I'm not sure how gutted I'd bve of it did.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18244

Sanders did not play for the second consecutive game on Saturday in Milwaukee's loss to Utah.

Spin: Sanders had been getting regular rotation minutes for a couple of weeks, but has played just five minutes in the previous three games and is one for his last 15 shot attempts. There are just too many bodies fighting for minutes at power forward -- more so now that coach Scott Skiles is trying to get more minutes for Luc Mbah a Moute at the four. Skiles can't afford to have the rookie, who has shown glimpses of potential, learn on the fly.

I wish upon a star...