Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Bashers of the new trade -- lighten up!

The way I see it, Dwight wasn't happy with this roster. Nothing is concrete about that statement, but from reports, interviews, body language, etc. that's what I gather.

Like we all know, teams aren't there to help us get better. Otis isn't dumb. He knows Melo is the biggest fish in the pond. Denver more than likely just didn't want our offer. If they did, Melo would be here right now. I have no doubt in my mind. We're also not in a position to threaten them to make a sudden move, because whether Melo resigns with NJ or not, I'm sure they'll pull the trigger on a deal with Denver without a second thought.

So where does this leave Otis, SVG, Dwight, the team, the fans? Well, if things aren't working out with the current roster, and you can't marry Andriana Lima, you settle for great lifetime sex with Hilary Swank on her best days.

Seriously though, this was the best package available to us in the eyes of our GM, and reportedly franchise center. We improved on the wing, and time will tell how else we improve. It's almost certain we do SOMETHING to shore up our frontcourt depth.

In a way, Otis HAD to make a move. Even a casual fan could see the body language of the players recently. Something wasn't right. It's no shocker that despite each player shipped out representing something (potential, expiring, etc.) also had their own issues with the team. Pietrus and SVG didn't seem to be on the same page, and you know Dwight would lash out on him every other game. Lewis was earning way too much money to be declining every year. Vince was...well..come on. And Gortat wanted more minutes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you settle for great lifetime sex with Hilary Swank on her best days.

It's certainly understandable to not be too happy about the trade but there's no need to insult the trade this badly, that's just not classy

So where does this leave Otis, SVG, Dwight, the team, the fans? Well, if things aren't working out with the current roster, and you can't marry Andriana Lima, you settle for great lifetime sex with Hilary Swank on her best days.

J-Rich is more like Michelle Rodriguez. While not the hottest women walking the planet, sexy in her own way, & you know it would be hot until she slits your throat in your sleep one day. That I'm down with!

It's her friends, Lady Gaga & Amy Whinehouse we just impregnated while on a bender, & will have baby mama drama with for the foreseeable future I'm concerned about.

J-Rich is more like Michelle Rodriguez. While not the hottest women walking the planet, sexy in her own way, & you know it would be hot until she slits your throat in your sleep one day. That I'm down with!

It's her friends, Lady Gaga & Amy Whinehouse we just impregnated while on a bender, & will have baby mama drama with for the foreseeable future I'm concerned about.

If there's one thing this board is always good for, it's over-extending metaphors.

Well at least if Dwight leaves in 2012 the Magic will have a solid core in Meer, Gilbert, and Hedo. It is funny when you think about it though, when you heard the Wiz were trying to get rid of Arenas and his ridiculous contract you think, who would be stupid enough to make that deal? When you heard that the Suns were not impressed with Hedo, and that they wanted to move him, you think again, who would be stupid enough to take Hedo and that terrible contract? Then one day you turn on the radio and you hear that someone has indeed, not only agreed to take Arenas, in a trade but also Hedo, with a Jason Richardson throw in, you think who would be dumb enough to do that? Then they say the Orlando Magic make these moves, trade half of a team simply marred in a little funk, and you think yourself how do you rationalize these moves? Well I guess they got a decent scorer in Richardson, and a question mark in Arenas, I guess these make us a better team, they have to right? And also how could I forget they got the supremely overrated Hedo, how exactly does he make this team better. I have tried to convince myself that these moves make this team better. Then I hear Arenas may come off the bench, and I think again, did they really just trade for a 120 million dollar sixth man? Really?> Really??? I am still trying to be optimistic, if Gil can get back to his old form, this could be a success. But I cant help but think that in a weeek we will be hearing how he has injured his knee and is out for the season. But alas we will see, I would expect that the starting lineup will now consist of Nelson, Gil, Richardson, Bass, and Howard, with Hedo being the most useless sixth man in the NBA. Also were hedo, richardson and Earl Barron really all we could get for Gortat? Really, for a starting calibur center, that is all they could get??? Well thanks for your time, I now step off my soap box. As always Go Magic, I hope for the best.

• Downvote 2

That picture makes me sad.

I know, he's going to do well over there as the go-to guy. Wall will command attention from the defense and then BOOM Rashard for three. I have a feeling the Seattle Shard will show up for Washington.