Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

If we are going to make a big trade, I hope it's today or tommorrow for two reasons. One, so all the speculation can end. Two, if we are going to shake up our roster, I want this team to get as much time as possible to gel before the playoffs.

Anybody believe we'll have a done deal by today? I can't remember the last trade that occurred on the weekend.

League can't approve a trade til Monday. . . they can confirm it at most

If this trade goes down, imo, Dwight is as good as gone. We will be tied up with yet another awful contract for a washed up hasbeenplayer. On the other hand, this is Smith's buddy, so it probably is a done deal.

• Downvote 1

League can't approve a trade til Monday. . . they can confirm it at most

If anything they'll confirm it tommorow. I can't can't see them confirming a trade before tonight's game.

Rotation of

Nash/Jameer/Duhon/Williams

Arenas/JJ

(J)Richardson/(Q)Richardson (hehe)

Bass/Anderson/Allen

Dwight/Gortat/Allen/Orton

A backcourt featuring primary rotations of Nash/Jameer and Arenas/JJ would easily be the worst defensive backcourt that ever existed.

Which seems like something we'd go after in the game immediately after our star center complained about a lack of perimeter defense.

• Downvote 1

Granted it's hypothetical, but if we are to trade Arenas for Rashard, I'm backing it up.

I'd trade Rashard for an ashtray; at least I can bench that. For some weird reason, we can't bench Shard; the goatee is too cute or something so he has to start ("the contract is too big, he used to be great, he has to play").

With Arenas, another ex-great player, you can bench him for a million of reasons. You don't need an excuse. He is the poster of problematic players.

So, from choosing between paying 40m and starting 4 players and paying 60m and starting 5 players (getting Bass/Ryan/whoever more minutes), I choose the latter. Pay something extra and get Bass starter status. I can dig it.

Getting Arenas IN though without getting rid of Rashard's contract (and presence/effect) is a reason to ban Otis from human rights.

Anyway, let's see what happens...