Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

Turkoglu isn't the same as when we had him before. He's a 10 ppg guy now......................

...in 25 minutes a game. Turk's having one of the best shooting seasons of his career and is averaging 13.5 and 6 per 36. His usage rate is also its lowest since his rookie year. He's the same lazy, pizza-eating player he was since his last season in Orlando.

"Stan Van Gundy's blue game card is more to his liking

Orlando's attack has always been predicated on flexibility in the pick-and-roll. Turkoglu has never been valuable than he was in Van Gundy's system, where he could work as a popper with Jameer Nelson or a perimeter guard, or as the ball handler with a stretch big. Lewis was often Turkoglu's dance partner, but Ryan Anderson, who figures to inherit some minutes now that fellow stretch 4 Lewis is being shipped to Washington, will be a fine apprentice. Brandon Bass, who should move into the starting lineup as the Magic's power forward, adds another dimension as an expert roll man. All of this leaves Van Gundy with innumerable options to run his stuff. Pick any combination: Nelson-Anyone, Turkoglu-Bass, Turkoglu-Howard, Richardson-Turkoglu, you name it. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/2617/what-orlandos-moves-mean-for-heat-magic-matchup

Yeah. He's top 6.

Name me 6 SGs that have been definitively better this season. He's a top 6 SG.

I agree. Though i don't think he'll be top 6 here. He's going to be what we wished Q and Pietrus were going to be at SF. something like 14ppg.

These moves were horrendous. What would have been the harm in waiting until closer to the deadline to make a deal when teams would be more desperate?

****, we might as well have thrown in Jameer too to get Nash.

That's what I was saying. But still, I'm gona have to embrace this. We have close to 0 defense in our starting backcourt.