Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

The rumor that will never die has regained new life, as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the Wizards are engaged in serious discussions with the Orlando Magic to acquire Gilbert Arenas. According to the report, discussions have intensified in recent days, but the parameters of the deal are unclear. But a league source said late Friday night, "It's very close. A really strong possibility."

Arenas has long been rumored to be headed to Orlando, where he would be reunited with friend and mentor Otis Smith. The Wizards spoke with the Magic last summer about making a deal for Vince Carter but those conversations stalled, but they never ended. After the Wizards lost to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, Arenas privately told people that a deal could possibly be in the works with either Orlando or Charlotte. Word started to spread throughout Verizon Center that evening.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/report-wizards-in-serious-disc.html

No thanks....everybody and their mother here already know how Otis feels about Gil anyway....I'm about to die laughing at all these doom-n-gloom post's!!!

I thought for years this board's adopted philosophy was "In Otis We Trust" ???

Seriously, if he trades for Gil I certainly hope he has another move up his sleeve.....Soul, I'm goona wait an see what this weekend brings before I start making some calls.

You do realize, that if your wrong.... Alot of people are going to need some serious help.

After the Wizards lost to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, Arenas privately told people that a deal could possibly be in the works with either Orlando or Charlotte. Word started to spread throughout Verizon Center that evening.

"The Magic realizes they have to make a move. They have to do something," the source said. "It seems like it's about the right time."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/report-wizards-in-serious-disc.html

If it's Lewis for Arenas, I am down with that.

Listen if Otiz is really making that deal, Stan I am sure was in on the discussion and knows what he wants to do with it.

Once again, I am down with that.

If it doesn't involve Lewis....I would have to see the specific deal to comment.

• Upvote 1

The rumor that will never die has regained new life, as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the Wizards are engaged in serious discussions with the Orlando Magic to acquire Gilbert Arenas. According to the report, discussions have intensified in recent days, but the parameters of the deal are unclear. But a league source said late Friday night, "It's very close. A really strong possibility."

Arenas has long been rumored to be headed to Orlando, where he would be reunited with friend and mentor Otis Smith. The Wizards spoke with the Magic last summer about making a deal for Vince Carter but those conversations stalled, but they never ended. After the Wizards lost to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, Arenas privately told people that a deal could possibly be in the works with either Orlando or Charlotte. Word started to spread throughout Verizon Center that evening.

http://voices.washin...rious-disc.html

If it was private how the hell did it reach outside the arena. We don't need this, we really don't. I'm officially panicking.