Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

What Otis should be looking for...

I have read over and over again how everyone would like us to sign Melo, Paul, a slasher, a winger, someone who could create his own shot, etc.

I dont think that is what Otis should be looking for.

The best move for the Magic is to move the right pieces for a top 10 PF.

This could provide the needed help for Dwight in the low post. It will make opposing teams to stay away from the paint, and rely on the outside shot.

Stan preaches defense all the time. We have enough offense. We need someone who could dominate in D, and with him and Howard, there would be no need to double-team any opposing big.

I dont throw any name because i am not aware of contractual situations around the league.

This could mean getting rid of Vince (almost as good as an expiring), moving Rashard to the 3, and quite possibly the departure of Pietrus, Redick and/or Anderson.

I am convinced that a "Twin Towers" lineup, instead of a "1 star big, 1 star guard" will be what leads us to a championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

I have read over and over again how everyone would like us to sign Melo, Paul, a slasher, a winger, someone who could create his own shot, etc.

This could provide the needed help for Dwight in the low post. It will make opposing teams to stay away from the paint, and rely on the outside shot.

Stan preaches defense all the time. We have enough offense. We need someone who could dominate in D, and with him and Howard, there would be no need to double-team any opposing big.

I dont throw any name because i am not aware of contractual situations around the league.

This could mean getting rid of Vince (almost as good as an expiring), moving Rashard to the 3, and quite possibly the departure of Pietrus, Redick and/or Anderson.

I am convinced that a "Twin Towers" lineup, instead of a "1 star big, 1 star guard" will be what leads us to a championship.

no

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

no

No x 2. We have the best defense in the league and a pedestrian (lower half of the league) offense, especially in 4th quarter situations. We need Doc Holliday.

Except we are top 2 in NBA in defense and slightly below average on offense.

PG: David Robinson

SG: Shawn Bradley

SF: Gheorghe Muresan

PF: Manute Bol

C: I suppose we can keep Dwight here.

Yeah this is a championship. Nobody would be able to shoot anything around the paint.

Except we are top 2 in NBA in defense and slightly below average on offense.

PG: Yao Ming

SG: Shawn Bradley

SF: Gheorghe Muresan

PF: Manute Bol

C: I suppose we can keep Dwight here.

Yeah this is a championship. Nobody would be able to shoot anything around the paint.

Fixed

• Upvote 1

Crossed my mind, but I figured that Robinson was more mobile. But I guess it doesn't matter when you can defend so well.

Well lets slide Dwight to the point. he was a PG growing up. Yao would make an excellent stretch 4

• Upvote 1

I think we could have enough wing play with either VC or JJ. Our PG is very good. Howard is the best. The bench is pretty deep. We need to close the paint.

The biggest chance for beating the other elite teams is to play a more physical, sizable frontcourt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I think we could have enough wing play with either VC or JJ. Our PG is very good. Howard is the best. The bench is pretty deep. We need to close the paint.

The biggest chance for beating the other elite teams is to play a more physical, sizable frontcourt.

We have very little play making outside of Nelson and actually have the third best opponent frontcourt efficiency in the league as well as the far away best opponent in-the-paint EFF

Our backcourt, however, ranks in the 20s in differential and nearly dead last in production. Obviously this backcourt isn't that bad and it has a lot to do with our backup guards sucking as well but the bigger point was that this team has the best in-the-paint defense in the league.

By the way, more than 50% of the "top 10 PFs" can't play a lick of defense.