Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hollinger/ Bucher scoop - Trade talk thread

You say that we are aging? The Celtics are older..

Quentin pisses all over Barnes, the latter is just a guy with an attitude. Having your back hurt won't make you jump for all Pierce's pumpfakes. Barnes sucks and we all know it

We either get Melo or stay the same. 4 reg seasons losses mean sh..

Last year the Celtics lost to the Nets.. at home, Cavs dominated the league for years and done **** in the playoffs.

You seriously need to grow up, I will laugh in your face when we get a CHAMPIONSHIP

:creaturedance:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you serious? If you'll notice, the team that shoots a higher percentage of field goals usually wins the game. Get it?

Oh I get it, the fact that you keep bringing up red herring after red herring and changing your position every second. You went from shooter to layups to field goal percentage. Anyway i'm through playing this game with you, have a nice *****ing day.

Brian Schmitz talking to Otis:

Gortat most coveted

Despite PF Brandon Bass' sterling play, the Magic player who still attracts more trade attention is C Marcin Gortat.

Teams call General Manager Otis Smith and ask about Gortat followed by Bass and PF Ryan Anderson.

"Teams need bigs," Smith said.

The dilemma the Magic are weighing: Is Gortat more valuable to them in the postseason or more valuable to dangle in a trade? If the Magic could pick up another scorer or perimeter defender and an inexpensive big man in a deal, why not?

I say sell.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-schmitz-nba-1212-20101212,0,264304,full.column

This from PinStripePost:

Bass, a six-year veteran, struggled in his first year with Orlando but has come on in a big way this season. He's set career-best marks in several important statistical categories, leads the team in True Shooting, and just made his first start of the year Friday night. His value, on the court and as a trade asset, has never been higher. He's posting 10.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1 block per game this season.

Gortat, one of the Magic's least consistent players, is pretty clearly the prize of this group in terms of trade value. Talented enough to start for most teams, he has a fair salary--including this season, he has three years and $28 million remaining, which is cheap for a player of his caliber--he's stuck in the playing rotation behind Dwight Howard, the league's best center. In July, Smith told reporters approximately 18 teams had inquired about his availability. An afterthought on offense, the Polish Machine has averaged 4.1 points and 4.6 boards in relief of Howard. John Denton says Van Gundy wants Gortat to bring more energy than he has so far this season.

Any trade Orlando makes for a true difference-maker would likely have to include both Bass and Gortat, which would leave Orlando with only Anderson and unproductive veteran Malik Allen as the reserve big men, which is why it'd be imperative for Orlando to obtain a replacement-level player in return for either player.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/12/1870914/schmitz-orlando-magic-trade-partners-calling-to-ask-about-ryan

You say that we are aging? The Celtics are older..

Quentin pisses all over Barnes, the latter is just a guy with an attitude. Having your back hurt won't make you jump for all Pierce's pumpfakes. Barnes sucks and we all know it

We either get Melo or stay the same. 4 reg seasons losses mean sh..

Last year the Celtics lost to the Nets.. at home, Cavs dominated the league for years and done **** in the playoffs.

You seriously need to grow up, I will laugh in your face when we get a CHAMPIONSHIP

:creaturedance:

No, YOU sir, don't seriously get it. If we win a freaking championship -- I become a very happy person. All is forgiven about Q. Rich. Until Q Rich shows up on a consistent basis while taking up all of that money for my favorite team, he is in the DOGHOUSE. The language you use on this board -- YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO PISS ON YOURSELF coz you need a diaper, you bumbling fool.

• Downvote 2

No, YOU sir, don't seriously get it. If we win a freaking championship -- I become a very happy person. All is forgiven about Q. Rich. Until Q Rich shows up on a consistent basis while taking up all of that money for my favorite team, he is in the DOGHOUSE. The language you use on this board -- YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO PISS ON YOURSELF coz you need a diaper, you bumbling fool.

Some of you people have selective memory and just remember what you want to remember. When was Barnes EVER consistent? The dude was so incredibly inconsistent last year it wasn't funny. He had several good offensive games, and a whole bunch of stinkers because he has no outside shot. I don't blame him or Q though. It's hard for anyone to be consistent offensively when you are the 5th option at best on the floor. Q has shown us he's capable of scoring if we need him. In the Milwaukee game where half the team wasn't playing and we were struggling we went to Q in the post and he carried us offensively for a little while.

It's just so crazy people want to complain about the whole Richardson/Barnes deal. I understand people are frustrated that we are on a four game losing streak and people want scapegoats, but Q is hardly the reason we are where we are. He and Barnes' defensive abilities are about the same, Q is a better outside shooter while Barnes is a better slasher. Otis felt we were better off with shooting, especially with Barnes' no show in the playoffs. It's not like we won a title with Barnes, and it's not like he didn't play a role in the loss to Boston.

• Upvote 1

I think one of the reasons ppl are complaining is because we already have bunch of shooter types in the team, looking at our game atm we could use someone who runs the floor more and is a slasher type.

I think one of the reasons ppl are complaining is because we already have bunch of shooter types in the team, looking at our game atm we could use someone who runs the floor more and is a slasher type.

A big problem in the ECF was Boston sagging off Barnes and giving him space and ruining our floor spacing strategy. If you're gonna roll with that lineup you need four guys that you CAN'T leave open. Barnes is a guy you can live with taking a three.

I wouldn't have had any problem if Otis re-signed Barnes, but I have no problem he didn't and opted for Richardson instead. I understand his reasoning for it.

Oh I get it, the fact that you keep bringing up red herring after red herring and changing your position every second. You went from shooter to layups to field goal percentage. Anyway i'm through playing this game with you, have a nice *****ing day.

[/quote I was not playing a game with you, sir. I'm a Magic fan and I this is a Magic forum. If you feel like I offended you because you don't agree with me, too bad. As far as having a nice *****ing day, all my days are nice. I don't let trivial things like comments on a forum put me into a rage.

• Downvote 1