Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Coach D. Thorpe likes Nash runnin' the Magic over Jameer

Leland (Pittsburgh)

would steve nash be a good fit for the magic? would they even entertain trying to deal for him?

David Thorpe (12:37 PM)

Holy cow would he be amazing.

Leland (Pittsburgh)

follow up on nash to magic, how would that effect jameer nelson's minutes? Does nash start on the magic team?

David Thorpe (12:39 PM)

Yes of course he starts. Nelson can come off pine or go to Phoenix.

Thorpe, to me here acts as if Jameer is an after-thought.

I checked their PER's with Hollinger....Nash is the 3rd ranked PG with a PER of 24.05....Nelson is the 9th ranked PG with a PER of 20.28.

I'm just very surprised Thorpe is almost dissin' Jameer here with the season he and the Magic are having.

Anybody agree?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35913

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Thorpe, to me here acts as if Jameer is an after-thought.

I checked their PER's with Hollinger....Nash is the 3rd ranked PG with a PER of 24.05....Nelson is the 9th ranked PG with a PER of 20.28.

I'm just very surprised Thorpe is almost dissin' Jameer here with the season he and the Magic are having.

Anybody agree?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35913

I don't necessarily think he is dissin' Jameer, he believes Nash would be a better fit and if both were to remain on the team then sure Nash would probably start, although offensively Jameer could play a 2, defensively he would get dominated. I think he is just saying if Nash were to join the magic Jameer would come off the bench and provide a spark or instead of having 2 starting point guards, trade him. Does'nt sound like a diss to me just his opinion on what would happen if Nash were to be pursued by the Magic.

Unless it's to back up Jameer, that'd be hilariously dumb.

What a PG rotation that would be. You MIGHT even be able to have them on the court at the same time. Miller is great at posting up and is just a tough player. Combine that with Meer and his cold blooded shots and that's exciting.

If we were to trade for Nash, there would be no way Jameer isn't included in a deal. Nash with Jameer off the bench or vice versa would be a disaster waiting to happen.

:svgsad: typical.

my name is jareth and i'm in love with overrated young players and awful old players

Alright BMP and Jareth the avatars have got to go. I keep catching myself staring at them and finally looking up to see 5 minutes have passed. It's almost as bad as the dude who had the Jessica alba gif in his sig.