Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Knicks interested in trading for J. Will (CBS Sports)

we definitely need more wing depth and less PG depth. Jameer being the model of health that he is and J-Will a capable backup, I think we have to do this one.

Love the sarcasm

With December 15 and the NBA's trade season just around the corner, Alan Hahn reports that the Knicks are more interested in acquiring another big man than finding a guard to spell Raymond Felton.

"f you talk with anyone inside the Knicks braintrust ... they'll tell you the team's putting more emphasis on looking for size to bolster the front line more than they're in the market for a backup point guard," writes Hahn.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70454/20101207/knicks_more_concerned_with_acquiring_big_than_backup_pg/#

we should try and dump Gortat too, didn't the knicks make a run at him couple years back?

Dump him....why?

Dump him....why?

I don't really see the wisdom paying a backup center 7.5 million dollars. I wouldn't mind making a trade and getting Turiaf back if possible.

I don't really see the wisdom paying a backup center 7.5 million dollars. I wouldn't mind making a trade and getting Turiaf back if possible.

Turiaf has a big contract as well. I can understand trading Gortat to acquire a different asset but to you the term "dump his contract" as if he is nothing more than a bad contract we need to unload sounds absurd to me. Not to mention that adding Gortat to a possible deal that's centered around a 3rd string point guard makes little sense.

Turiaf has a big contract as well. I can understand trading Gortat to acquire a different asset but to you the term "dump his contract" as if he is nothing more than a bad contract we need to unload sounds absurd to me. Not to mention that adding Gortat to a possible deal that's centered around a 3rd string point guard makes little sense.

4mil this year, 4.5 player option next. It is less salary in the long run.

I guess I have a bad taste of Gortat being torched by a one-armed Bogut for 31 points and 15 rebounds. I do think he is overrated especially on this board. He's not worth nearly as much as some magic fans will say. and NY is looking for a capable point guard (according to the article) so who knows how much value they put on it. Maybe they are putting a premium on it, who knows.