Sign in to follow this  
NickAnderson

Arenas Trade in Talks with Magic?

Steve Kyler:

Welcome in everyone... hope the holidays were good to you... only 85 more shopping days until the NBA Trade Deadline, so lets get after it...

No... zero interest from the Magic in trades at all... we talked to Otis Smith last week about trading Vince Carter and the need to make change to compete and he just doesn't sound concerned.. when you are the best team in the East (tied with Boston) - you really don't need to make changes.

Look at how change impacted this magic team last year... look at how Miami is adjusting... not worth the risk. Now if someone gets hurt, like season ending injury hurt, that may change, but Orlando likes who they are right now.

Lock the thread boys.

This is a stupid trade:

The salaries dont match up. a 3rd team would have to be involved because if u did Lewis Orton and Carter to the Wizards for Arenas and Blatche...that is 8 million dollars the wizards would have to cut in salary. It doesnt work out. Why the hell would Wizards take Lewis' contract.

Maybe this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2v4nefq

Well I guess we can set up the welcome party for Arenas now. He should be flying in to Orlando on Thursday.

We gave up 2 clutch time performers and get one newbie and another cancer. What a deal. Also we gave up one expiring contract for another huge one which nobody else wants in the entire league.

This is a stupid trade:

The salaries dont match up. a 3rd team would have to be involved because if u did Lewis Orton and Carter to the Wizards for Arenas and Blatche...that is 8 million dollars the wizards would have to cut in salary. It doesnt work out. Why the hell would Wizards take Lewis' contract.

Maybe this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2v4nefq

They get rid of Arenas.

I see the difference in the trade machine 23 for the Magic 38 for the Wizards. And Carter 2 years.

I completely believe this is Otis using the media as a poker play. My guess is he's using this to try to create leverage for another deal. Insiders, go to work!