Sign in to follow this  
PartyPoison

Barkley Picks Bulls In East

Charles Barkley recently picked the Bulls to win the Eastern Conference, but center Joakim Noah isn't buying into the hype.

"Poison," Noah told ESPNChicago.com Tuesday of the hype. "We're not in the Finals yet. I love Chuck. I think he's great for the game. I love his honesty. He always tells you how he feels. But it's poison."

Barkley admitted he was going out on a limb on TNT last week when he made the prediction.

"The best [Eastern Conference] team that I've seen this year, I think the Chicago Bulls are going to win the East," Barkley said. "I love what they're doing in Chicago.

"I think the Magic have the deepest team in the East, the Celtics have the oldest team and the Heat are going to struggle, but they'll get it together. I think the Orlando Magic are going to have the best record, but the most dangerous team in the Eastern Conference is the Chicago Bulls. Especially once they get [Carlos] Boozer back."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70335/20101201/barkley_picks_bulls_in_east_noah_isnt_buying_hype/#ixzz16sFJnGS4

Just two weeks ago he said we wouldn't be able to beat Miami.

He wasn't exactly alone in that stance two weeks ago. There were people on this forum saying the same thing.

the Bulls wont win the East and I don't know that the Magic will finish with the best record.

I could see it if Doc rests his roster the latter half of the season like he did last year.

No one has even SEEN Boozer in the bulls system yet, or better yet, perform after this injury. How is he making this judgement?

The same way JVG picked the Heat to beat the Bulls 72-win season.

• Upvote 1

I too like Chuck for his antics and honesty but given that the Bulls and Magic have not even played yet why would he not wait and see about them tonight before saying such a thing?

Oh right, TV ratings...

I could see it if Doc rests his roster the latter half of the season like he did last year.

I don't think this will happen. I heard Doc say in an interview that the team is shooting for hca in the playoffs, so they will try to get as many wins as possible.