Sign in to follow this  
magicLA

Iguodala

Rashard has been my favorite Magic player since he got here; I know what his current value is. The fact is we have two emerging young effective PF's chomping at the bit to start. Last year we waited all year for Lewis to kick in but he never did; he ended up playing just ok - not great - during the early rounds ; but played to a draw with 34 yr old KG. This year he is clearly not there again (yet) - hopefully it is not as JVG said "that Rashard's shooting has declined because of aging issues and that he has played a lot of games." That trend has to be worrisome to the Magic especially to Otis and the front office who have him inked for two more years at $20M per.

I don't want Otis to trade Lewis, but if Otis has an opportunity to "trade in" the contract for a newer model, and at the same time clear up the logjam at PF and also make the team younger- I can see why the trade would be made.

All that would do would be create an even bigger logjam at the wing and not only would we lose one of our only guys that creates matchup problems (like it or not, Lewis will still draw double teams at SF and has already done that this year on a few occasions), as well as play excellent team ball (whether it's on help defense or deferring shots to Howard - something pretty much every player on this team should do), for an inefficient chucker who would take shots away from Howard (the last thing this team needs). Oh, and we could kiss our "okay" defense at PF goodbye.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think if we can find a third team to take on Elton Brand's contract, there's a legitimate possibilty since he seems to be the Catch 22 of any Iggy trade.

ORL Receives: Iguodala (PHI) and Mbah a Moute (MIL)

MIL Receives: Brand (PHI), Kapono (PHI),

PHI Receives: Carter (ORL), Redd (MIL), Anderson (ORL), Ilyasova (MIL), and 2010 1st Rnd Pick (ORL)

Philly get's a salary dump, taking on 2 huge expiring contracts plus a couple 3 point shooting forwards in Anderson and Ilyasova

Milwaukee get's Brand and Kapono for virtually Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova plus it gives them depth in the 4 and 5 spots

Orlando get's a great wingman in Iguodala and a long, shut down defending forward in Mbah Moute, who could come in handy against teams like Miami, Boston, Los Angeles, etc.

I think if we can find a third team to take on Elton Brand's contract, there's a legitimate possibilty since he seems to be the Catch 22 of any Iggy trade.

ORL Receives: Iguodala (PHI) and Mbah a Moute (MIL)

MIL Receives: Brand (PHI), Kapono (PHI),

PHI Receives: Carter (ORL), Redd (MIL), Anderson (ORL), Ilyasova (MIL), and 2010 1st Rnd Pick (ORL)

Philly get's a salary dump, taking on 2 huge expiring contracts plus a couple 3 point shooting forwards in Anderson and Ilyasova

Milwaukee get's Brand and Kapono for virtually Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova plus it gives them depth in the 4 and 5 spots

Orlando get's a great wingman in Iguodala and a long, shut down defending forward in Mbah Moute, who could come in handy against teams like Miami, Boston, Los Angeles, etc.

I don't see Milwaukee doing that since Redd's contract is insured, and Brand's contract is obviously awful. Maybe if they were able to get rid of Gooden in the deal.

I don't see Milwaukee doing that since Redd's contract is insured, and Brand's contract is obviously awful. Maybe if they were able to get rid of Gooden in the deal.

Good point, I never thought about his contract being insured due to injury

The best thing about Iguodala would be the defense he brings with him. I don't mind his 3 point shot is iffy but I haven't seen enough of him so can someone please tell me; can he play the pick and roll game? and I know he averages around 5 assists so I'm guessing he can create for others, correct?

The best thing about Iguodala would be the defense he brings with him. I don't mind his 3 point shot is iffy but I haven't seen enough of him so can someone please tell me; can he play the pick and roll game? and I know he averages around 5 assists so I'm guessing he can create for others, correct?

Vince Carter averaged 5 assists a game in the season before he came here. Hell, Carter's probably STILL a better passer than Iggy is.

Offensive system matters.

In Orlando's system, Iggy would at best be a 14/6/3 player, playing about 34 mpg.

So basically, he'd be doing exactly what Carter is doing, but on worse percentages and with better defense.

And it would cost WAY more. And if we had to take on Brand as well? Yeesh.

• Upvote 1

I've avoided the Trade Machine for a while, but this really pulled me in.

Do you think both parties would accept this proposal? I think we benefit while keeping Carter (oh boo-hoo lol) and the 76ers fill out their roster with depth in key positions...with players possessing potential might I add. We'd have to search the waiver wire to fill in space, but I like our potential lineup (and our current one too ;) ).

So:

i29kex.jpg

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=2fvsctu

Potential lineups:

ORL:

PG - J. Nelson/C. Duhon/J. Will

SG - V. Carter/J.J. Redick

SF - A. Iguodala/Q. Richardson

PF - R. Lewis/R. Anderson

C - D. Howard/S. Hawes

76ers:

PG - J. Holiday/L. Williams

SG - E. Turner/M. Pietrus/J. Meeks

SF - A. Nocioni/T. Young/J. Kapono

PF - E. Brand/B. Bass

C - M. Gortat/M. Speights

Do you think both parties would accept this proposal? I think we benefit while keeping Carter (oh boo-hoo lol) and the 76ers fill out their roster with depth in key positions...with players possessing potential might I add. We'd have to search the waiver wire to fill in space, but I like our potential lineup (and our current one too ;) ).

So:

i29kex.jpg

Potential lineups:

ORL:

C - D. Howard/S. Hawes

76ers:

PF - E. Brand/B. Bass

I, personally, feel that losing Bass and Gortat would be a huge loss for the team. In a trade like that and they way Bass is playing, I'd rather throw in Gortat and take on Hawes. But really, what benefits would Philadelphia see from this deal vs. an expiring VC contract in another deal? They really don't have anything to build with in this deal. Other than an expiring Pietrus contract which has little value, there's not much else that I feel would entice them to pull the trigger. I'm also not completely comfortable yet to see Anderson take 20 minutes a game. Until he shows more consistency, his current role fits.

An issue I see in that lineup is Iggy takes a huge step down in his role which he may not like. Guys like him need to take shots and can't convert from being a go to guy to just a defensive and hustle guy over night. He needs shots to help motivate his play IMO. In short, I think we would have too many guys who need the ball in their hands to make plays at one time.

Not trying to knit-pick, but just the way I look at it, with all due respect

Vince Carter averaged 5 assists a game in the season before he came here. Hell, Carter's probably STILL a better passer than Iggy is.

Offensive system matters.

In Orlando's system, Iggy would at best be a 14/6/3 player, playing about 34 mpg.

So basically, he'd be doing exactly what Carter is doing, but on worse percentages and with better defense.

And it would cost WAY more. And if we had to take on Brand as well? Yeesh.

Agreed. I don't get the Iggy love, he's a good player, but he's not what we need to put us over the top.

So:

i29kex.jpg

Potential lineups:

ORL:

C - D. Howard/S. Hawes

76ers:

PF - E. Brand/B. Bass

I tried that trade before but realized that there is no way that we can trade away both Gortat and Bass because we lose way too much weight down low. That would be a serious issue vs Lakers and Boston. Plus that trade puts three players that need the ball in their hands to be effective on the court at the same time. Not sure that would work.