Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Would you rather have..

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 would you rather have?

• Dwight/VC/CP3
    • Dwight/Melo/Nelson

I completely disagree that 'Melo and Paul are of equal value. Anthony is a volume shooter that is going to disrupt the flow of this team. Paul is going to have the ball in his hands a lot, but his shots per game are right in line with our current team. He's going to make things easier for everyone else, without everyone else standing around watching him dominate the offense by taking 20+ shots per game.

What do you see so awesome about our current team, that it would "disrupt its flow"? If we are Top 3 team is not so much because how we play, but is mainly because of WHO we have: Howard, SVG, Nelson, 1/2 Lew, 1/2 VC, Depth.

Tell me how Howard - Carmelo - Nelson - 1/2 Lew - SVG would destroy our team? Howard and Melo shooting 60% of teams shot, and leaving wide open 3s for Lew, Nelson and the bench.

I like a lot both Paul and Carmelo. But IMO, while Paul is maybe the flashiest PG out there, Anthony gets the job done without so much fuzz. As a guy, maybe Paul would be better. Carmelo would also be of great help in the boards. Paul would create a lot of great shots for our core. I think it may be even. I dont think Melo would disrupt anything. And I think getting rid of VC is 10 times better than getting rid of Nelson.

What do you see so awesome about our current team, that it would "disrupt its flow"? If we are Top 3 team is not so much because how we play, but is mainly because of WHO we have: Howard, SVG, Nelson, 1/2 Lew, 1/2 VC, Depth.

Tell me how Howard - Carmelo - Nelson - 1/2 Lew - SVG would destroy our team? Howard and Melo shooting 60% of teams shot, and leaving wide open 3s for Lew, Nelson and the bench.

I like a lot both Paul and Carmelo. But IMO, while Paul is maybe the flashiest PG out there, Anthony gets the job done without so much fuzz. As a guy, maybe Paul would be better. Carmelo would also be of great help in the boards. Paul would create a lot of great shots for our core. I think it may be even. I dont think Melo would disrupt anything. And I think getting rid of VC is 10 times better than getting rid of Nelson.

It would kill ball movement and play making. Melo will basically pound the ball for 14 seconds and either drive/shoot a contested jumper or pass it off and hope for a bailout. He's hardly efficient doing this.

First, I didn't say destroy, I said disrupt. Second, how about examing the offense on this squad, and look at how even the shots are distributed amongst our core. If you drop in Melo with his volume, those shots have to come away from other players ('Melo is about 1.5 shots per game less than Carter and Lewis COMBINED). Those players not getting their shots would be a disruption to the offense. Melo doesn't create for others any more than Vince does (less than one assist per game more than Carter), so he isn't going to do much to make the guys around him any better.

Paul is averaging 11.8 shots per game, and wouldn't "take" shots away from any else. What he would do is distribute more than Jameer, and get them better looks than they are taking now. He makes everyone else more effective. What he does wouldn't represent a sacrifice to what this team is currently doing offensively. Guys wouldn't have to adjust to taking fewer shots, there is little to no disruption as far as the offensive flow. Quite the contrary, I think it would make the team even more effective at it's current game plan.

First, I didn't say destroy, I said disrupt. Second, how about examing the offense on this squad, and look at how even the shots are distributed amongst our core. If you drop in Melo with his volume, those shots have to come away from other players ('Melo is about 1.5 shots per game less than Carter and Lewis COMBINED). Those players not getting their shots would be a disruption to the offense. Melo doesn't create for others any more than Vince does (less than one assist per game more than Carter), so he isn't going to do much to make the guys around him any better.

Paul is averaging 11.8 shots per game, and wouldn't "take" shots away from any else. What he would do is distribute more than Jameer, and get them better looks than they are taking now. He makes everyone else more effective. What he does wouldn't represent a sacrifice to what this team is currently doing offensively. Guys wouldn't have to adjust to taking fewer shots, there is little to no disruption as far as the offensive flow. Quite the contrary, I think it would make the team even more effective at it's current game plan.

I find it amusing that even after people have the chance to get a first hand look at what happens when you try to just throw volume shooters together, they still think you can just throw these guys together and everything works fine. Lebron, Dwayne, and Bosh are all fantastic scorers, they should be scoring 200 pts a game with their offense! Detroit's offense is going to get a huge boost after adding Iverson! NY's back court will be unstoppable with Marbury and Francis! It's like an entire generation of people that grew up with ESPN are coming up with this stuff.

Paul gets his points when the team needs him to score and he creates for others, there is a huge difference between that and a guy that needs to score/shoot the entire game in order to have an impact.

Why do you think that bringing Melo = Bringing his 20 shots a game.

When we brought Carter, we brought a 20pts a game guy.

When we brought Lew, we brought an SF

Why is it that you think they could not adapt to our current system of pounding it inside and kick it out for open 3s? Melo is very good getting contact, can hit the J when there is no playmaking (more than usual in the playoffs), and can attack the rim, that will become invaluable in May. VC does not go near the rim anymore, and his jump shot under pressure is dubious.

I'd rather have Dwight, Jameer, VC, and Shard each taking turns holding up the LOB trophy in June. How bout them apples?

Amen, brotha.