Sign in to follow this  
ChemRom

Schmitz: Magic should trade for Anthony & Billups

According to a person with knowledge of the situation here in Denver, at least four teams have inquired about Billups, whose numbers are down so far this season (he's shooting just 35 percent from the field), and several front office executives believe with Ty Lawson (another talented guard the Knicks passed on to take Jordan Hill) pushing for more playing time and a major piece of the inevitable rebuild that will come when Carmelo leaves the Mile High City, the Nuggets might be more open to trading the popular Billups than you would think

The situation with Billups "is tenuous" said one person with knowledge of the situation, because his future is directly tied to whatever happens with Anthony. If the Nuggets lose their superstar, there's no need to pay a 34-year-old point guard $14.2 million next season, the last year of his contract.

"The chances that Chauncey is traded could be better than Melo," one NBA executive said. Billups is exactly what the Knicks need: a true floor general, a tough player who has a championship pedigree and, most of all, a bona fide leader. They need a point guard who can shoot the ball and score and yet also distribute, especially to their greatest weapon, Amar'e Stoudemire

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I've said it many times before, Billups is exactly what this team doesn't need. If the "shoot first" crowd thinks Jameer shoots too much, their heads would explode when they watch the garbage Chauncey throws up.

I've said it many times before, Billups is exactly what this team doesn't need. If the "shoot first" crowd thinks Jameer shoots too much, their heads would explode when they watch the garbage Chauncey throws up.

but but but...he's 6'3 and had a season in where he averaged almost 9apg!

clearly taller = championships and clearly pass first, stats don't lie!

If it was a package deal with Melo, all day long.

Exactly. I wouldn't take him by himself because that would either mean we would have 2 starting PG on our team (and we saw how well that worked out with Nelson and Alston) or we would trade Jameer and thats just dumb.

If we get Melo, sure and let them play 1-2 or sub out a lot.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. I wouldn't take him by himself because that would either mean we would have 2 starting PG on our team (and we saw how well that worked out with Nelson and Alston) or we would trade Jameer and thats just dumb.

If we get Melo, sure and let them play 1-2 or sub out a lot.

only trade scenario that works i think is:

Billups, Melo, Anderson

For

Lewis, Gortat, Pietrus, Duhon

Or you can replace Lewis with Carter. They wont want Nelson because they Ty Lawson as the starter and would have duhon as backup

Our lineup would be:

Nelson/Billups/Williams

Carter/Redick

Melo/Richardson

Bass/R.Anderson

Howard/C. Anderson

Or

Nelson/Billups/Williams

Melo/Redick

Richardson/Lewis

Lewis/ Bass/ R.Anderson

Howard/Anderson

only trade scenario that works i think is:

Billups, Melo, Anderson

For

Lewis, Gortat, Pietrus, Duhon

Or you can replace Lewis with Carter. They wont want Nelson because they Ty Lawson as the starter and would have duhon as backup

Our lineup would be:

Nelson/Billups/Williams

Carter/Redick

Melo/Richardson

Bass/R.Anderson

Howard/C. Anderson

Or

Nelson/Billups/Williams

Melo/Redick

Richardson/Lewis

Lewis/ Bass/ R.Anderson

Howard/Anderson