Sign in to follow this  
Chase

7-3 Vs 7-3

I think this years team is better because of our flexibility with the improvement of Brandon Bass. I think Ryan Anderson has also leaped forward with improvement however his recent play has left him chained to a chain-link fence.

In order to show how much the Magic have really improved, we need Rashard and JJ Redick. They are to that extra boost to each individual lineup. The threes and and plays they make are crucial to our offense because their shots are mental back breakers for the opponent. Quentin Richardson's misses from the three point line would be a plus to our team if they actually went in.

Vince Carter....IS PLAYING WELL? LOL He's doing what he's suppose to and taking quality shots more than off balance fadeaways. The great thing is that he's "making" shots. I've also seen less wincing when he hits the deck. He just gets right back up. This is a wonderful sign.

I think the Magic solved their problems last night agianst the Grizzlies. The defensive intensity was great..however our offense was failing to get Dwight the ball in the first. I credit the great defense by the Grizzlies on Howard.

JJ Redick has been the biggest disappointment to me thus far. Because of the player reputation as a great shooter, you would never expect him to slump so abysmally. The sound of his clanks nettles my ears. I trust that Redick's slump will soon come to an end.

• Upvote 1

The games vs. Grizzlies def makes me feel better. It shows that when we are tough defensively, we can be UNBEATABLE. I like Stan's plan to give the guys consistency now. Pietrus's intensity has been great, despite not making as many shots yesterday. I love Meer and VC's focus this year. QRich showed up last night, hope it continues. Bass rocks! D12 is D12. The only negative now is Lewis (and Redick). They need to get out of this slump.

I think this years team is better because of our flexibility with the improvement of Brandon Bass. I think Ryan Anderson has also leaped forward with improvement however his recent play has left him chained to a chain-link fence.

In order to show how much the Magic have really improved, we need Rashard and JJ Redick. They are to that extra boost to each individual lineup. The threes and and plays they make are crucial to our offense because their shots are mental back breakers for the opponent. Quentin Richardson's misses from the three point line would be a plus to our team if they actually went in.

Vince Carter....IS PLAYING WELL? LOL He's doing what he's suppose to and taking quality shots more than off balance fadeaways. The great thing is that he's "making" shots. I've also seen less wincing when he hits the deck. He just gets right back up. This is a wonderful sign.

I think the Magic solved their problems last night agianst the Grizzlies. The defensive intensity was great..however our offense was failing to get Dwight the ball in the first. I credit the great defense by the Grizzlies on Howard.

JJ Redick has been the biggest disappointment to me thus far. Because of the player reputation as a great shooter, you would never expect him to slump so abysmally. The sound of his clanks nettles my ears. I trust that Redick's slump will soon come to an end.

You make some really great points here. I agree with this entirely. I also believe that as Ryan gets more playing time, he can be a potential star in the making. Hope he gets out of the doghouse!

I think this years team is better... to be 7-3 and be playing terrible ball... is a great accomplishment. I also think we have more potential.. We upgraded the SF and PG spots... The guys in the shooting slump will come out of it sooner than later, and all those open shots will go down.

I have not been impressed with Duhon or Anderson. Duhon is terrible, its like it is 4vs5 out there when he is in the game... he is too slow in setting up the half court sets.

Anderson has no team basketball in his game, refuses to pass and has made some real bonehead plays. Also think his team defense is shocking, and seems like he does not want to budge from the 3pt line... less offensive rebounds.

I'm a little bit nervous about Shard's and Reddick's shots.

I just hope they're adapting to the adjustments and nothing else.

I also need to see this team win a battle against elite teams. Nothing too exciting or surprising in seeing the Magic roll over bad teams from a playoff point of view.

The blowout against Miami and the loss to Utah hurted.

This years team looks about the same. It is really hard to see the improvements because of the unusual shooting slumps. But I think the shooting will come around and we will see a better team soon.

I think Q is playing really well even though his shots aren't falling but his rebounding and defense have been solid. He's not as emotional as Barnes and he's not a passer - something we definitely missed when we had to have Pietrus throw the ball in to close the game the other night - and it also shows in our ball movement . But overall he's as good as Barnes defensively though Barnes was more confrontational. Q so far shows consistent effort and looks to be already caught up on the rotations defensively. Once his shots fall the difference will be equalled.

I wish Rashard's shots were falling so we could really tell if he's better at the 3 or the 4 - his shooting slump is clouding everything...but truthfully I really think the rotation we had last night of Bass and Gortat at PF looked pretty good and felt like a playoff rotation. Hope we get to see more of that.

The only position that worries me is Duhon.

Also, I really like what JJ brings but Pietrus off the bench at SG made a big difference defensively - especially when he was combined with Lewis at the 3 - we looked huge.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't really matter what team is better at this point. What really matters is this year's squad will be an improvement over last years by season's end.