Sign in to follow this  
Chase

7-3 Vs 7-3

So this time last year we started off 7-3(Without Shard)

After a comforting Win tonight against Memphis, once again we're 7-3(With Shard) 2nd place in the East

Last year's team wen't 9-1 in the next 10 they played. Now I know we're not going 9-1 in the next 10. I'd say 7-3 again.

My question is with the tale of two teams, is it a good sign (knowing with all the struggles we have had) startingoff 7-3 knowing we have alot of strides to make, or are we just going down the same road as last year?

NOTE: The Magic went 6-4 after starting off 16-4 last year, So maybe we're getting the rust off early?

We are basically playing w/o Lewis right now.

We are struggling right now, but we will be ok as long as SVG stop making changes to the rotation (which he has the past couple of games)

• Downvote 1

Yeah, I think we've basically seen one Rashard sighting the entire season so far. He has played pretty good defense for most of the season though...not including the past few games before tonight. Eventually those shots have to start falling because he is getting very good looks.

Overall, I have to say this years team is better. The continuity is much better, Bass and Carter look infinitely better on both ends, and Dwight has significantly improved his offensive game despite the fact that this free throw shooting somehow looks worse than it ever has. I definitely think we are a better squad this season.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think we've basically seen one Rashard sighting the entire season so far. He has played pretty good defense for most of the season though...not including the past few games before tonight. Eventually those shots have to start falling because he is getting very good looks.

Overall, I have to say this years team is better. The continuity is much better, Bass and Carter look infinitely better on both ends, and Dwight has significantly improved his offensive game despite the fact that this free throw shooting somehow looks worse than it ever has. I definitely think we are a better squad this season.

We shot pretty well tonight, still a serious issue and has been for years. I don't accept the fact that we just "don't shoot good FT's". We need to dedicated a few shootarounds to practice at the stripe.

We shot pretty well tonight, still a serious issue and has been for years. I don't accept the fact that we just "don't shoot good FT's". We need to dedicated a few shootarounds to practice at the stripe.

Dwight's work ethic has been documented so many times by so many sources that I don't even think anyone can question it....not that you were questioning it, just making an observation. I'm not sure dedicating an entire shootaround to such a limited aspect of the game would have a big impact. Particularly when the rest of the team shoots free throws very well.

Dwight's work ethic has been documented so many times by so many sources that I don't even think anyone can question it....not that you were questioning it, just making an observation. I'm not sure dedicating an entire shootaround to such a limited aspect of the game would have a big impact. Particularly when the rest of the team shoots free throws very well.

Nobody on this teams shoots good free throws. Let us not forget Finals game 4 or NJ the other night for that matter. It has to improve and it's not just Dwight.

I'm not a betting man but I would bet Dwight could make 50 straight FT's without to much struggle. When it comes down to a crunch game situation or just game period he overthinks. I've always said FT's are 90% mental and 10% skill the thing is he phyc's himself out so much it ruins his whole flow.

It looked better now that SVG gave some of the starters more time, just need to wait for Stan to make the final decision on the PF/SF (whatever lewis is going to play) spot. Even tho we have a good bench there is no need to give them more time than starters or same amount. Because the starters will be the ones that have to be there when its clutch time. We played with 9 ppl today even though we had 12 ready to play and look what happened, a good game.

Nobody on this teams shoots good free throws. Let us not forget Finals game 4 or NJ the other night for that matter. It has to improve and it's not just Dwight.

Nelson, Carter, Lewis, Bass, JJ, and Anderson are all good FT shooters (80%+). Pointing out a few games where they didn't have good nights at the line is stupid particularly because we have enough evidence from an entire season's worth (or career if you want to go that far) to show that they are, in fact, good foul shooters.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It looked better now that SVG gave some of the starters more time, just need to wait for Stan to make the final decision on the PF/SF (whatever lewis is going to play) spot. Even tho we have a good bench there is no need to give them more time than starters or same amount. Because the starters will be the ones that have to be there when its clutch time. We played with 9 ppl today even though we had 12 ready to play and look what happened, a good game.

I agree. I'm glad that we finally played the starters for starters minutes. Shard played 39, Dwight played 38, Meer played 31. I'm tired of all our guys playing 24-26 minutes.

I also liked that we did not play that god awful bench lineup.

Are you really throwing out a career's worth of data to focus on a couple of random games?