Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

My Blockbuster Trade Idea

So Magic fans, we all wouldn't mind Chris Paul coming to ORL, right?

Melo wants out of Denver and the Nets are among the reasonable destinations of which we could find him next season. The Nuggets want contributors to their squad, young talent, or basically any talent that equates near the productivity that Melo brought every night. They are looking for some quality players in exchange for Melo, BUT they could be willing to bite at offers that are borderline since they don't want Mr. Anthony just walking off the team as a free agent.

The Nets are an upcoming squad, looking for any improvement over last season and under new ownership that could lead to some hefty makeovers to the team. The new owner has deep pockets and great ambition, so he could land some talent seeking the benjamins.

We all know deep down, Chris Paul does not like his situation in New Orleans. He might love New O the city, but the basketball team has gone nowhere in terms of post-season appearances. Of course, NO would want some young guns and scorers to boost their offense. In the best case scenario, they would like to move Okafor and his gigantic contract, but no buyers have shown up to take on the $11.4 million per 4 years.

So here is the trade:

2vsqcdw.jpg

So the ending Depth Charts would look something like this:

ORL:

PG: C. Paul--C. Duhon--J. Will

SG: Q. Richardson--Redick

SF: R. Lewis--T. Williams

PF: T. Murphy--R. Anderson

C: D. Howard--M. Gortat

NO:

PG: D. Harris--J. Bayless

SG: M. Thornton--J.R. Smith--W. Green

SF: M. Pietrus--P. Stojakovic--J. Alexander

PF: D. West--K. Humphries--J. Smith

C: E. Okafor--A. Gray--D.J. Mbenga

DEN:

PG: C. Billups--T. Lawson--A. Carter

SG: V. Carter--A. Afflalo--Q. Ross

SF: T. Ariza--Q. Ross--G. Forbes--R. Balkman

PF: K. Martin--S. Williams--A. Harrington

C: Nene--Birdman--M. Ely

NJ:

PG: J. Nelson--J. Farmar--B. Uzoh

SG: A. Morrow--M. Belinelli

SF: C. Anthony--T. Outlaw--J. Graham--D. James

PF: D. Favors--B. Bass--J. Smith

C: B. Lopez--J. Petro

I realize this particular trade is unlikely (which is why I posted this in the Off Topic section), BUT I think a blockbuster trade like this is in the mix. I would like to know what you think about this trade, if you would do it and perhaps post your own blockbuster trade (one that you think is reasonable). We all love using the trade machine, so have at it. Go Magic!

2vsqcdw.jpg

Has a thread ever been moved from off-topic to the main forum?

lol, tempting... That is one of the best "blockbuster" trade attempts I have seen in a while!

Not a bad idea, the Nets would look fkin scary, though!

Edit: I still don't believe the Hornets would accept this

Ya, it would be a hard sell for them, especially after they sent Collison away. I never really understood why they did that, I mean, they knew Paul wasn't comfortable with the look of the team.

However, they do get a capable replacement in Harris, an energy booster in J.R., an athletic and proven defender in MP, and some added front-court help with Humphries, who is underrated IMO. Perhaps a couple draft picks would woo them a bit, but you never know with their new GM.

EDIT: this is all hypothetically speaking haha, thought I had to mention that