Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

These New Tech Rules...

The technicals on J wiil were pretty silly. I dont understand why a player cant ask why they werent given a call? I understand the arguing and the making aggressive hand movements or whatever, but simply asking the refs in a reasonable way shouldnt be a technical. Madness.

The reasoning for the second tech was fair. He touched the ref and tried to put his arms down. The other tech was something I didn't know about. Peaches received a tech too.

i do agree the techs this year are weak and they are killing game but in saying that the players have had plenty of warning with the pre season to teat the limit and adjust.

it will be interesting tonight to see if the there are double standards in the league once the pressure is really on lebron and co.

I agree with JVG that stopping the game to shoot those tech shots is killing the flow of the game... just give the other team 1 point and move on! They really are calling some weak sheet, that one on Lebron was horrible even if you hate him!

I agree with JVG that stopping the game to shoot those tech shots is killing the flow of the game... just give the other team 1 point and move on! They really are calling some weak sheet, that one on Lebron was horrible even if you hate him!

It was cumulative. he was barking quite a bit for a while, and they finally gave him a T for it. It was well deserved.

They're beyond absurd. Consequently, I think they've given officials a newfound feeling of self-worth that entitles them to call anything they'd like without worrying about the ramifications of their calls. It pretty much makes them untouchable, and subverts the notion that officials need to be wary of the calls they make.

Whether it had anything to do with it, the increased degree of three-second violations being called is infuriating, and that's not just because I'm a Dwight fan. It's like, "Hey, what better way to keep the game rolling than to stagnate its flow on the basis of total arbitrary reasoning?"

:gortat:

[/rant]

• Upvote 1

Quite honestly, that tech on LeBron was the worst yet. That was pitiful

For real, he actually calmed himself down and appeared to be over it BEFORE the ref even T'd him up. Stupid.