Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official talk about that team in Miami Thread

Gained some respect for Mo Williams tbh.

I think the whole buddy buddy issue with players from different teams is a product of the free agency era. There is no point in burning bridges because any moment you could be on another team with a previous rival. Also, free agency has made the game more about making money for the players than winning, especially in the NBA.

I don't understand the idea that you have to be a dick to any and all opposing players at all times. It's especially puzzling since you guys also hate Kevin Garnett because he's a douche bag to everyone. That and whenever there is some kind of fight, we hear about how the NBA is full of spoiled thugs and whatever other nonsense people say in that situation. God forbid these people treat each other with civility.

I know the counter to this will be that Lebron screwed his teammates or something like that. Fine, but Lebron acting like a child isn't reason enough for other people to act like children as well. These guys are adults playing a game for a living. This isn't war, it's not MMA, it's not frat night at the bar. They're playing basketball. It's ok to not be a dick to other people while playing basketball.

I don't understand the idea that you have to be a dick to any and all opposing players at all times. It's especially puzzling since you guys also hate Kevin Garnett because he's a douche bag to everyone. That and whenever there is some kind of fight, we hear about how the NBA is full of spoiled thugs and whatever other nonsense people say in that situation. God forbid these people treat each other with civility.

I know the counter to this will be that Lebron screwed his teammates or something like that. Fine, but Lebron acting like a child isn't reason enough for other people to act like children as well. These guys are adults playing a game for a living. This isn't war, it's not MMA, it's not frat night at the bar. They're playing basketball. It's ok to not be a dick to other people while playing basketball.

Its depends what type of dick you are. Garnett tends to overdo it and so does Eddie House.

My top ten Dick's (hated players) of the NBA:

1) Lebron

2) Garnett

3) Mo Williams

4) Eddie House

5) Paul Pierce

6) Pau Gasol

7) Varejao

8) Shaq

9) Matt Barnes

10) Duncan

That was fun!

I don't think they have to be a dick to opposing players but there is a middle ground between being a dick and being BFF's forever while they are on the floor. I really don't think he should be at their bench chit chatting while free throws are being shot.

I don't think they have to be a dick to opposing players but there is a middle ground between being a dick and being BFF's forever while they are on the floor. I really don't think he should be at their bench chit chatting while free throws are being shot.

Maybe they were talking crap to each other, we don't know that they weren't.

Should there just be no communication between opposing players at all, unless they're being tough guys toward each other?

I don't see the point. I think this is one of those things where there is a huge difference between fan perception and what actually goes on between the players. We have no idea what really goes on with these things.

Agreed. The double standards that goes on by fans and the media is ridiculous. I don't want the league to constantly be ridiculed for having thugs and douchebags. There is no gain in having players treat each other like crap.

The funny thing is that if people truly wanted them to be dicks to each other, then why do they all hate Garnett so much... but then love Matt Barnes?

Gotta love it.

It's not about being dicks and assholes. Rather it's about that competitive edge and spirit. Can you imagine Larry Bird or Magic being chummy together? Hell no. They don't hate each other in RL, just when on the court, it was all business. It is a change in culture from era to era.

Like I said above, I truly believe that in the NBA, more so than any other major sport, the vast majority of players are only about "getting theirs."

When you say competitiveness, do you mean in the game or showing it? Do we truly know if they showed it or not?

As fans, we have to realize that we don't really have enough information to even judge things like this. When we do, it's just ignorant.

I have no problem with what KG does, neither does anybody in Boston. In fact, the real reason why people don't like KG is because he's not on their team. If someone had brought a hard elbow to LBJ's head and hurt him he would be a hero in Cleveland, as he should be.

Maybe they were talking crap to each other, we don't know that they weren't.

Should there just be no communication between opposing players at all, unless they're being tough guys toward each other?

I don't see the point. I think this is one of those things where there is a huge difference between fan perception and what actually goes on between the players. We have no idea what really goes on with these things.

My mistake, I thought they mentioned something about the Cle coaching staff having to talk to their bench players about the conversations, I looked around online and according to all of the reports they said it was trash talk.