Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA Scout breaks down Magic roster (link)

This will be a common theme of Stan's tenure until they win a championship. When a coach is not winning the players are tuning him out and when things are going well the players are really buying into the system.

Stan is not perfect by any means but he is damn fine coach.

I was never a fan of stan van gundy.. I complained about him all last season on here and got a lot of from heaps of you about it....

BUT

I can say with what he has done over the summer:

1) looking after his body

2) Becoming closer to players

3) Revaluate himself and listen to critism and use it constructively to improve on his weak areas as both a coach and person. He has lost a lot of his stubbornness which argueable cost the magic against the Celtics. He now sees and evaluates better in game changes and ways to use the players to there full potential. (well at least in the preseason so far, but enough to show that he should continue to do so)

I am happy to have Stan here and I am glad that he made me change my mind about him... a year ago I would have never guessed that I would say that.

Honestly, I think Broussard's legit. He frequently reports breaking news and with that list right there, it is really nitpicking. The Dampier and Lebron updates were up in the air and nobody really knows who's going where except for the player himself. As for Oden, well, he was projected to be a big contributor by almost all analysts after coming off his tenure at Ohio State. I will give you that the NO playoff prediction was kind of crazy., but Broussard has never failed at giving me the latest in the NBA world. Maybe I missed the point, but just stating my opinion.

No, you got the point. And you may be right on how many things he's got right. But all I did was go through his last 10 opinion columns to find 5 things that are wrong or crazy. My problem with media in general (not just sports) is that in the rush for ratings or readers it's not important to be right anymore it's just important to have a strong opinion. And that is OK for organizations that don't pretend to be a go to source for news. I don't even think it's brousard's fault. But if you are going to put out a preview section and say that SVG is on the verge of losing his guys (which is one step away from saying he is on the verge of losing his job) you better be transparent in your reporting, not using an "anonymous source".