Sign in to follow this  
Nike

Boozer breaks hand; out 8 weeks

Chicago Bulls forward Carlos Boozer has a broken right hand that will require surgery, and he is expected to be out eight weeks, the team announced Sunday afternoon.

Boozer suffered the injury on Saturday during the Bulls' day off.

Article on ESPN

Rocky start for the Bulls there. I wonder how he broke his hand on an off day...

That freaking sucks!!! So much for the idea that the Bulls were gonna come out stampeding.

"[i was] at my house, came around the corner, fell over a bag, put my arm down to kind of brace myself," Boozer said. "I'll get surgery on Tuesday and do my rehab, be conditioned and run with the guys. The good thing about it was at least it only happened in the preseason."

ESPN Chicago

I feel like he's the only man in the history of civilization to break his hand while walking around his own house.

Hate to burst your bubble but it actually is a common injury. A person's natural instinct when they fall is to throw their hands out in front of them, and the hand isn't exactly the most durable part of the body. The fall leads to all the weight of the body being put right onto the bones of your hand and wrists.

• Downvote 1