Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Since we're waiting for the game.......what do you do for a living?

I just happen to be a Senior CADD Draftman as well. Working for a local Custom Home Builder. I'm the only Draftman aboard. I've been working in the Residential Industry for almost 10 years now.

Sports accomplishments? LOL I dont know if you call high school football an accomplishment.

In my high school days I was very active in sports. Played Basketball, Baseball, Softball and Racketball

When I graduated from highschool I went to school for a few semesters then decided school wasnt for me, went into the working world and got fat.

Getting dunked on by Vince is pretty sweet. The best I can do is getting dunked on by Anquan Boldin when my AAU team played his Pahokee team in 94'. Needless to say, we lost by 50.

(In response to Nate Dizzy) My mom is from West Palm Beach and she moved to Ky when she got married. Afterwards her mom and dad and brothers moved to Orlando. I visit Orlando every first week of July and I absolutely love Orlando and just being around the rest of my family so I decided to move to the Orlando area for college.

I'm 29 and i graduated from Boone in 95'.

I wanted to play ball but i was extremely short all through high school, i graduated at 5'4'...

But anyways i joined the air force and the next year i grew to 5' 11' so i played ball for my Air force base. I got out in 99' and have been doing graphic design for the last 8 years (+4 in the military). I am moving back to O-town next week and will be working at this sign comapny in Casselbery called The Sign King. Anyways if they dont pay me enough after a few months i'm gonna find another graphics job.

My church in Orlando has a Gym and i will be playing ball there every week at least!... Get my shot and my conditioning back!

quote:
Originally posted by Magic-4-Life:

(In response to Nate Dizzy) My mom is from West Palm Beach and she moved to Ky when she got married. Afterwards her mom and dad and brothers moved to Orlando. I visit Orlando every first week of July and I absolutely love Orlando and just being around the rest of my family so I decided to move to the Orlando area for college.

What part of KY?

I work for an AV (audio & Video) company. Been in Orlando since 99 had this job for 5 years now & counting. A friend of mine programmed the moving lights for the magic games, for last season and another guy I know does camera for the magic games.

When I was younger I played Baseball. Played since i was 10 years old (school yard ball) in NYC (Bronx). Played league ball in puerto rico from 12 yrs old until 17, and I always was in the all-star team (picther). Blow out my arm and Career over. I was accepeted to play for a triple A team in PR but I couldn't throw more then 35 picthes B4 my arm was hurting, so I hung up my glove. So now I have my 9 yr old Son playing baseball (picther & SS) and I'll be an assistante coach for this season at SOLL (South orange little league).

Play Streetball (basketball)never played league ball but did win a thropy(spell check), in school for best free throw shooter, Yeaaaaaa, lol.My style is more like Ariza. I'm a great defender, good shot blocker, need a little work on my jumpshot, but when i'm on I'm hot.

Always liked the magic but came a true fan when I moved here in 99.

Bhnole, no wonder your so good with all that salary cap math that confuses the heck out of me. I mean you got a great bball mind too but your awesome with crunching numbers!

Marc, love the Vince Carter story and the other posters that played with Vince also. I kind of pictured you as being like that. A decent athlete with some hops!

Magic-4-Life, we can't get enough Kentucky people on these boards(I am too, lol). You got some great high school stats in two different sports. Any plans to play when arriving down here? Got a feeling you'll be attending your share of Magic games. One question that I'm sure you'll know something about......when are they gonna get rid of Tubby?

Thats cool what part of KY are you from... yeah tubby has to go...i mean when Western is the best basketball team in the state something is wrong. I just hope something doesnt happen and tubby come to the magic...and yes i will be there at the games.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic-4-Life:

Thats cool what part of KY are you from... yeah tubby has to go...i mean when Western is the best basketball team in the state something is wrong. I just hope something doesnt happen and tubby come to the magic...and yes i will be there at the games.

Ashland. It's on the Ohio River and borders 3 states. West Virginia, Ohio and Ky.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

I just happen to be a Senior CADD Draftman as well. Working for a local Custom Home Builder. I'm the only Draftman aboard. I've been working in the Residential Industry for almost 10 years now.

Where is this place? Do you guys just design the home or build them too?

I, like probably 90% of other draftpersons, wanted to go into the Residential field, but got a chance to do survey work and just liked it so much I stayed. I have a friend who's dad is an architect and he has a company in Longwood. I talked to him, and he sort of wanted me to work for him, but I would have to start at an entry level, coming from the Senior level, and probably taking a $10/hr pay cut. NOT!!!! So I told him thanks but no thanks. I am overpaid somewhat, but they are happy and I am happy.