Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Select the Best Magic Team of all time

I said:

PG- Penny: No offense Jameer, but during his time here you could make the argument that Penny was second to only MJ as a player in the NBA.

SG- T-Mac: I may like Nick Anderson more as a player and person, but again, while T-Mac was here, he was one of the best players in the game.

SF- Hedo: Grant had only one good year here. D-Scott was more of a complimentary player. Hedo goes based on importance to the club during his time here.

PF- Shard: Tough choice but I think Shard has done more for this team then Grant has.

C- Dwight: Not just for hating on Shaq. This team has gone farther with Dwight, and any advantage Shaq has on offense Dwight more then makes up for it on Defense and rebounding.

My biggest problem is in the choices. No Darrel Armstrong for a 4th pick at PG? Reynolds and Bogans over Vince at SG? Battie over Doleac as a third center pick? FOR SHAME!!!

According to the polls, our all-time 5 is:

C Shaq

PF Shard

SF Grant Hill

SG T'Mac

PG Penny

I only 100% agree with Penny selection.

Howard has done more for us then Shaq.

Grant Hill?

Shard and Horace are a toss up.

Nick gave us one of the greatest moments in magic history. T'Mac kept us mediocre.

You know the voting is flawed when Moses Maolone is all time greatest Hawk center over Dikembe or Kevin Willis? Wasn't he their PF?

Nick gave us one of the greatest moments in magic history. T'Mac kept us mediocre.

Nick also gave us one of the worst moments in Magic history, and was also not nearly as good as McGrady. T-Mac kept us mediocre with a roster of bad players. If anything, what you said was a compliment.

Shaq? So you wouldn't want a blocking machine and rebounding force called dwight Howard....god..people so ******* stupid.

Shaq? So you wouldn't want a blocking machine and rebounding force called dwight Howard....god..people so ******* stupid.

The Shaq of '94-95 and '95-96 was much better than Dwight is.

And I really hate things like this because it forces you to just "PICK THE 5 BEST PLAYERS" when the 5 best players in that thing would create one of the worst defending teams ever with some pretty rotten spacing on offense(not to mention, you'd need at least 4 balls on offense to make them productive).

• Upvote 1

The Shaq of '94-95 and '95-96 was much better than Dwight is.

And I really hate things like this because it forces you to just "PICK THE 5 BEST PLAYERS" when the 5 best players in that thing would create one of the worst defending teams ever with some pretty rotten spacing on offense(not to mention, you'd need at least 4 balls on offense to make them productive).

Shaq may have been a better offensive force but Dwight is a better defensive player and rebounder now then Shaq ever was in his best years with the Magic.

As for the Magic I think with our lineup you could actually create a team that would be both good on D and create great offensive spacing and ball movement.

Shaq may have been a better offensive force but Dwight is a better defensive player and rebounder now then Shaq ever was in his best years with the Magic.

As for the Magic I think with our lineup you could actually create a team that would be both good on D and create great offensive spacing and ball movement.

you cant compare dwight to shaq. shaq was the most dominant force on the planet. he couldnt be stopped. i love d12 but shaq was amazing

you cant compare dwight to shaq. shaq was the most dominant force on the planet. he couldnt be stopped. i love d12 but shaq was amazing

The most dominant offensive force yes. But if you think that Shaq in his best best days with Orlando was a better shot blocker or rebounder then Dwight is now your crazy. Dwight single handedly mans one of the best defensive teams in the league and does it with players who are individually horrible defenders.

Shaq on the other hand needed Horace Grant to cover for his many defensive mistakes and lack of effort on rebounding.

I'd also say that if the referees allowed Dwight to play the same physical style that Shaq did, he would get very close to some of Shaq's ppg numbers, but that is just an opinion.

The fact is however Dwight is a far better rebounder and defensive player then Shaq was with the Magic.