Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

Who would you choose as team captain?

In alphabetical order...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose as team captain?

• Ryan Anderson
    • Brandon Bass
    • Vince Carter
    • Chris Duhon
    • Marcin Gortat
    • Dwight Howard
    • Rashard Lewis
    • Jameer Nelson
    • Mickael Pietrus
    • J.J. Redick
    • Quentin Richardson
    • Jason Williams

So, a couple days ago, Ben Roethlisberger, with his recent behavior, was not voted captain by his Pittsburgh Steelers teammates (Yahoo! Link). He was captain the last two seasons for the team. This lead me to think of this particular poll question which I thought the board could have some interesting discussions with.

From your own, unique perspective, who would you vote for captain of the team? and why? Currently, I believe Dwight and Jameer are our two designated captains.

*Orton and Robinson are out because they are rooks*

Think of it as if you were a bench player for the Magic -- Select one player for your 1st captain, and feel free to list runner ups as well in your post.

I would choose Jameer as our 1st captain. He shows leadership on and off the court and makes the most effort to gel the team together. He is our PG, our offense runs from him outward.

Runners up:

J.J. Redick - Heart, hustle, and determination. When he starts going, he can spark the team. He is professional and knows his role.

Dwight - He is my third runner up because of his attitude on the court. He complains far too much (even though he battles it out in the post) for my liking, and sometimes his negative body language can be contagious. Despite these things, he is the star and future of our franchise.

Jammer and Dwight, but if I had to choose one, it would be Jameer. He puts on a get-together every summer in his hometown to foster team unity. That is the mark of a leader.

Maybe Vince, to take pressure off the young guys like Jameer and Dwight. He did an amazing job his last year with the Nets

Why did I laugh out loud at this?