Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

The Simpsons or Family Guy?

Simpsons or Family Guy?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

Family guy was good until it decided to only make fun of one side of the political spectrum, and it has gotten so bad now it overshadows any humor that it puts out. Shows like the Simpsons and South Park actually play both sides evenly.

Anyone who would ask this question clearly has forgotten just how good The Simpsons was for it's first 10 years. I mean it was consistently putting up A+ material for a decade, and I'd put "Marge vs The Monorail" up against anything Family Guy ever did.

Anyone who would ask this question clearly has forgotten just how good The Simpsons was for it's first 10 years. I mean it was consistently putting up A+ material for a decade, and I'd put "Marge vs The Monorail" up against anything Family Guy ever did.

Yeah, the show really was incredible. I don't think I have ever been able to enjoy a full episode of Family Guy, maybe a tiny bit when I was younger...

Yeah, the show really was incredible. I don't think I have ever been able to enjoy a full episode of Family Guy, maybe a tiny bit when I was younger...

I would argue that seasons 2 and 3 of Family Guy were above average television, and their first season back after being canceled was solid if unspectacular after the season premiere.

But it went down hill in a hurry, and is barely watchable now. So they made a spin off that's even worse and even more unnecessary.

Honestly, given how bad it was when it debuted, I'm amazed that American Dad! is now easily the best thing with McFarlane's name attached to it, and it's not even as good as Clone High was, and Clone High was only on for like 12 episodes.

The Simpsons, from its inception to around 2000, was better comedy than anything you could find on television. Family Guy is and has always been mediocre at best.

• Upvote 1

I would argue that seasons 2 and 3 of Family Guy were above average television, and their first season back after being canceled was solid if unspectacular after the season premiere.

But it went down hill in a hurry, and is barely watchable now. So they made a spin off that's even worse and even more unnecessary.

Honestly, given how bad it was when it debuted, I'm amazed that American Dad! is now easily the best thing with McFarlane's name attached to it, and it's not even as good as Clone High was, and Clone High was only on for like 12 episodes.

Meh, maybe at the time when they came out, but today, I really can't sit around and watch a full episode of it, no matter how good I used to think it was. I'd put South Park and Futurama above Family Guy too... well above.

Meh, maybe at the time when they came out, but today, I really can't sit around and watch a full episode of it, no matter how good I used to think it was. I'd put South Park and Futurama above Family Guy too... well above.

:svgsad: