Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

We will have Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony by 2012

im not even looking at NBA players making more than the minimum. We would have nothing to trade for brewer.

Send Bass to the Wolves instead of Denver, along with the rights of Fran? Who knows, Kahn is an idiot and having Fran may help this case in getting Rubio quicker.

Just like Chris Paul, this isn't going to happen. I REALLY wish it would but I don't think it will. But who knows, I also said Mass Effect 2 would not go to the PS3 and it's been announced for the PS3. Let's hope I'm wrong about Melo too.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/8/17/1628269/berger-carmelo-anthony-seeks-a

Denver Nuggets small forward Carmelo Anthony is but the latest NBA megastar to reportedly wish for a trade to the Orlando Magic. Ken Berger reports, via this email to his CBS colleague Matt Moore, that "the Magic are believed to be at the top of [Anthony]'s list."

If it happens then I will...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

• Upvote 2

Sign Delonte West? He'd probably get more than the vet min though...

Most of our trade assets would be exhausted, there would not be many wingman options.

Nope, sorry no dice.

He may try to bang Dwight, Melo, CP3, or Jareth's mom. For the sanctity of this board, let's never talk of this scenario again.

• Upvote 1

From a trade asset comparison the Magic have as good a trade package as NY's providing Denver with cap relief and 2 quality bigs to replace Nene and also Kmart when his contract ends next summer. The team I'd worry about though is Philly.

Knicks

- An $11M expiring contract (Curry)

- Danilo Galinari - a very promising 22 yr old 6-10 SF that can shoot lights out - they immediately get their future SF filling the hole left by Anthony

- they are also including a 1st rounder.

Magic

- Vince Carter's ($18M expiring contract +$3M cash to cover most of his $4M waive kicker) straight up for Anthony

or

- VC + Gortat + Bass + Orton + $3M = Melo + Nene

Philly

Iggy + Young + Williams = Melo - immediately solidifies both their wing spots for now and future (JR Smith and Affalo are both on the last year of their contracts) and gives them a solid young PG to learn under Billups who's contract expires in 2012.

I'm feeling much more potential in this, than Chris Paul. I'm fine with Jameer, this is the move we need to make.

@ MagicLA: Why would Philly try to trade their core for Melo if he won't sign an extension there?

oh and btw; this whole Melo thing is just another pipedream until further notice; wake me up when he's actually in Orlando for the press conference.

oh and btw; this whole Melo thing is just another pipedream until further notice; wake me up when he's actually in Orlando for the press conference.

So you'll sleep a long long long long time...

• Upvote 1

Sign Delonte West? He'd probably get more than the vet min though...

Most of our trade assets would be exhausted, there would not be many wingman options.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

No way does that POS ever play for the Magic. Seriously, he has zero talent and is a complete headcase. Not to mention he should be in prison.