Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

We will have Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony by 2012

Here we go...

I asked Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith moments ago whether he’s had any trade talks with the Denver Nuggets about Anthony.

“We have not,” Smith said.

Poker face

Leon Rose, Anthony’s agent, did not immediately return a phone call from the Orlando Sentinel for comment.

Anthony has some leverage to force a trade. He can become a free agent next summer, and he has not accepted the three-year, $65 million extension the Nuggets have offered.

ESPN.com’s Ric Bucher wrote: “League sources say it is now a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways.”

Stay tuned.

Talks are going on.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/

There is "a chance" the Magic could add another player to their roster prior to training camp.

Orlando general manager Otis Smith said that a player could be signed to a non-guaranteed contract.

The Magic currently have 14 players.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68736/20100817/magic_could_add_another_player/#ixzz0wtkv0ql0

book it

I think acquiring paul seemed more realistic.Does denver really take vc,gortat and pietrus for melo? Very Very Unlikely.I guess a 3 or 4 way would be better but then we'd be gutting the roster.

Link never actually slices the Triforce in any of those games. At least not that I can remember. Also, who is Link in that metaphor? And who's Zelda? Ganon? That ****ing owl thing?

Also: I'm glad we're talking about LoZ now, since the Triforce is a pretty sweet metaphor for anything you want.

The Triforce is clearly the Larry O'Brien. Ganon's Pat Riley, Link is Ryan Anderson, and Zelda's Whit Watson. The Owl is likely Adonal, he is the most eloquent, after all.

At least, that's how I envision it.

I think acquiring paul seemed more realistic.Does denver really take vc,gortat and pietrus for melo? Very Very Unlikely.I guess a 3 or 4 way would be better but then we'd be gutting the roster.

Really? Melo actually has leverage. This is more "realistic" than Paul.